anyone use injector cleaner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use injector cleaner?

going to change my fuel filter and clean my tb and maf today. what about using a fuel injector cleaner ? or should i just take the car in to get the fuel injectors cleaned at tune up masters. they hook up the cleaner directly to the fuel system and run the cleaner until its gone.this runs $60
    thans,
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

I haven't gotten this done, but I have seen some positive statements posted on camaroz28.com about a similar procedure. I usually run one of the off the shelf fuel system cleaners once every other oil change and find that that works allright.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

try the stp stuff, worked well for me
      93 t/a A4 3.23s
      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
      99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
      99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
      97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
      00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

I highly recommend you go down to your local Chevrolet dealer. Here we have some Fuel system treatment that works pretty damn good. Its stronger and better than the stuff you find at your local parts store. It runs around 14 bucks. GM makes it.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

You can do this yourself. It's available at Napa for about $25.... at least it was the last time I checked. I think that is for the kit and additional cans of cleaner are cheaper. You unscrew the cap to the schrader valve fitting on the fuel rail, hook up the supplied hose and can, kill the power to the fuel pump and start the car. Let it idle until the contents of the can are exhausted and it stalls. Remove the hose, attach the cap, turn on the power to the fuel pump and you're done.

Comment

joe,
            thats sounds like the procedure. wow $25 sounds pretty fair. going to check that out. going to my dealer to check that GM treatment too.....
            thanks,
            eddie
            1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Hi Joe!
              Whats the name of the Fuel injector cleaner you were talking about at NAPA?
              Does it come with the hose and everything?

Thanks Lee! Sorry to bother ya!
              Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Working...
              X