Pacesetter header

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacesetter header

LS1 Pacesetter 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers (w/emissions)
    [70-2255] $289.99
    Pacesetter's ARMOR*Coat, their polished 2,000°F metallic-ceramic coating +$100
    i can afford that but i don't know if its anygood
    header masters tell me the truth is it good or not?
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
    Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

from what i have heard they fall apart very soon and are not very high quality headers, but flow wise anything is better than stock manifolds.
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
      from what i have heard they fall apart very soon and are not very high quality headers, but flow wise anything is better than stock manifolds.

The older pacesetters were know to have some problems but within the past year or two they have greatly improved. I have a set of LT's on my LT1 after seeing the performance gain and the quality my brother put them on his 99Z28 and loves them. Search some posts on them many have been made and you'll see quite a few guys on this site run them. IMHO when it comes to pacesetter headers you get more than what you pay for. A set of $1,000+ kooks headers may get you 1 or 2 more hp and stainless steel would be nice but is not reasonable for that price. The coating has held up great on both my brothers and mine and for the money you can't beat them.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Pacesetter's are a great "bang for the buck" long tube header for a stock cube LS1. Ceramic coatings aren't going to last forever on any header.

Kooks and QTP's stainless LT's are obviously constructed of a much better material and will last much, much longer, but they are more expensive. Worth every penny in my opinion though.

You won't see a major difference in HP gain amongst the popular LS1 LT's.

Comment

pacesetter has been around for many years.... we "old timers" used to chuckle at the stuff they offered as they were the elcheapo budget route. Thin wall, quickly rusted out, fit and finish a liuttle lacking, etc. The headers of late seem to be a little better, but as described the longevity is doubtful. I personally wouldn't use them, but that's only a personal opinion. Others have used them with good results.

Comment

Working...
          X