Lutz being moved out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutz being moved out...

Has anyone heard anything about this? I've heard that Lutz has been moved to a global position and Wagoner is now head of the North American Unit. Hear anything? I wonder what this will mean for the future of GM???
    What do we know about Wagoner and his "direction"?
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Search it up. It was posted a couple of days ago. There was a thread on it.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I posted it Monday. Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10774
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I believe Wagoner has already been in that position. I don't exactly remember the time frame though. From what I've read, Lutz was getting bogged down by putting out fires and not able to concentrate on what his prime job...global product development. Maybe it's the timing that makes it look bad, or maybe it is the result of all the bad news recently...either way it certainly sounds like this is to allow him to work on higher priority tasks.

EDIT:
        In Bob's own words...
        In case you missed it yesterday, GM Chairman Rick Wagoner announced some organizational changes that are going to help GM move even closer to operating as one truly global auto company, instead of four quasi-independent regional ones.

Rick is taking over GM’s North American operations himself; I will focus 100 percent of my time on my role as the head of global product development; and Gary Cowger will focus 100 percent of his time on his role as the head of global manufacturing and labor relations.

I suggested to Rick recently that I relinquish my title of chairman of GM North America so that I could concentrate entirely on the development of our new cars and trucks for all our global markets. I just couldn’t do that job the way it should be done while also having responsibility for GMNA.

And so we have gotten another step closer to doing things the way a successful global automaker should be doing them. We have now globalized engineering, design, procurement, information systems and manufacturing, with global operating and capital budgets.

It’s good for the company, and good for me. I can now direct my full energies to the area where I can make the biggest difference. I expected headlines along the lines of "Lutz and Cowger moved aside as GM slides." Such spin misses the point, but bothers me not at all.

Thanks for your feedback, and keep watching this space for more on our new vehicles.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
        X