Hey guys mecham 550hp T/A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys mecham 550hp T/A

What do you guys think its worth? Dont know to much about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...541542515&rd=1

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

I've never heard of mecham either, but judging by the mods he has listed I would be very surprised if he didn't well over 20 large for it. He says something about complete overhaul though.. and that always scares me.. but he has receipts.

That hood and that spoiler really make it look slick though, pretty nice car if you ask me.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Mecham goes way back. They built/build some really nice looking TA's

http://www.mechamperformance.com/
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Why is there a boost guage mounted when the car is n/a??? Seems a little strange to me
        1983 Z28 R.I.P. 406 Stock Bottom End(threw a rod through the oil pan), S/R Torquer Heads, Performer Rpm Intake, Holley 780 Vac Sec,3.73 7.5 10 bolt, Best ET 13.17@106mph

Comment

I was looking into getting a Mecham hood...but that TA on the of the cleaner Birds they modded.

http://www.mechamperformance.com/

I think that car can pull in some money...if everything checks out. 15K?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

dang y'all post fast!

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

15k? I would kill myself if that's all I could get for that car. With a rebuilt engine (22k miles) and new drive train with all the documentation plus the fact he has pretty expensive upgrades it just doesn't make sense to me if he gives it away for under 20k. And even that would be a steal IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by wood
                15k? I would kill myself if that's all I could get for that car. With a rebuilt engine (22k miles) and new drive train with all the documentation plus the fact he has pretty expensive upgrades it just doesn't make sense to me if he gives it away for under 20k. And even that would be a steal IMO.
                Okay, you're right...I didn't take time to read. I'd kill myself too if I only got 15K. If I had the money, I'd drop 20K+ for it easy...I love the hood!

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I am not sure the car is a Mecham car. I get the feeling that the hood and rear spoiler are. My gut tells me its not a full Mecham tuned car.
                  97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF

Comment

Agree..... Mecham hood and spoiler does not a "Mecham" make.

Also curious.... how do you make 550HP with 28# injectors? Does the 550HP include the "never used" N2O system? Appears to be an NOS 5177 dry kit, so it still needs the injectors to deliver the fuel.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I'm sure the body is mecham, but He says the drivetrain and engine are all rebuilt/replaced.. so he is probley throwing the mecham out there anyway because of the hood/spoiler/rims and whatever else is mecham stuff.

So with all the upgrades he has he still wouldn't have 550hp without nos? Ouch horsepower is expensive.

Comment

I'd say he is totally misrepresenting. It is not a Mecham tuned car and if he was honest he would take it out of the title. Someone who doesn't know any better will think they are getting a Mecham tuned car at a discount. Mecham never touched that car. I don't see Mechan badges on the sides, rear or see the production number anywhere. Based on the powertrain options I don't see that they offer NOS and as Fred pointed out 26# injectors wont get you all that far in the horsepower game.

Comment

Well, he did mention that he had motor work done to it. If its mecham or someone elso I dont know but heres what he said is done to it and 550hp? Dont knnow if this will get it there either.

Ported and Polished Heads (Blue-Printed with flow chart)
                          Titanium Retainers
                          LS6 Intake
                          85mm Granatelli Mass-Air Meter
                          New 28lbs Fuel Injectors
                          Comp Cams High Lift Valve Springs
                          Comp Cams Rods
                          160 degree thermostat
                          Comp Cams Racing Cam (.525/.532 Lift 114 Lobe Seperation)
                          Hypertech Programmer
                          Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers and Y-Pipe
                          SLP Custom Exhaust System with Special Edition Carbon Fiber Borla Tips
                          255lph Holly Fuel Pump
                          Volant Intake Kit

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Working...
                          X