Raising the car in the back ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising the car in the back ...

I'm considering going to 17" x 11" ZR1 chrome wheels in the back and will need to raise the back by about 1". I know I need to do the BFH adjustment in the wheelwell, but right now from the vertical clearance from the edge of the fender to the top of the tire is about 1". It has the optional bilstein suspension on it. I do some auto crossing and am concerned about the fender hitting the top of the tire in sharp turns. I don't have much body roll at all but I still need to raise the car up slightly, maybe 1" more, no more than that. I really don't want to have the fenders rolled to get the clearance, so what would be the best way of raising the rear up slightly????

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
    KY F-Bodies Unlimited

You could go with airlift bags. Fred runs one in the left rear and I run them in both springs. It keeps everything from bottoming and rubbing.

Comment

You do NOT have to do the BFH mod if you get the right backspacing. I have 17X11's on the back of my car, stock height WS6, with Spohn adjustable PHR and no fender mods. Nothing hits.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
      X