At 4500 RPM....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 4500 RPM....

Alright, I just put in a new waterpump and Optispark on my 97 Z28. 78,000 miles. Everything seemed to go ok, I did however switch the air temp plug with the water temp plug but sence, have switched it back and from what Im told I shouldnt have any problems from doing that. I now have a miss at about 4500 RPM and up. Its not super severe but still very noticeable. I didnt have this miss before I did the switch. I then went under the car and took off the wires from the opti and siliconed them to see if I was getting a missfire that way and no change. I did get the new opti a little wet when a hose was leaking at the pump. Could this have wasted my opti??? Is this what happens when an opti goes?. I did replace the wires and plugs about 35,000 ago with MSD and Bosch platinum 2's. Could it possably be my fuel pump?? The car has been hard to start for quite some time, I have to crank a few times before it fires. It does seem to idle ok and seems to run just fine until I get to the higher RPM's. I have no clue as where to start looking, Please help. Thanks
    1997 30th Anniversary Z28. Artic White with Hugger Orange Stripes. T-Tops, K&N Cold Air Intake, Mac Headers & High Flow Cats,Flowmaster Cat Back. Auto W/B&M Shifter Plus. Drilled And Slotted Rotors. Steel Braded Brake Lines. Alpine CD/MP3, JL Audio Stealth Box.
Working...
X