Spring time = A/C maintenance service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring time = A/C maintenance service

Well, I checked the A/C system completely. But, I would like to clean the A/C evaporator and the heater core as well. Both are located near each other, but the air conditioning evaporator is reachable thru the engine bay, behind the PCM, and the heater core is reachable in the cockpit, pass side, behind the glove box.
    Sooooooo, where do you think is the better access to both in order to clean them thoroughly? Some specific cleaner you had used and recommend to me?

Thanks a lot for your imput.
    Doc
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

I would not go to the trouble of tearing out the heater core just to service it. You can clean it out by taking off the two lines that run into the firewall on the passenger side and use a garden hose to clean them out. You'll have to do the evaporator from the engine bay I think.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Ok, man, thanks.
      Problem is, the dirty fins mainly...this assemblies have trapped dust, insects and tree leaves debries among their fins...a lot...8 years...you wonder....
      I'd want to apply air vacuum and cleaner (?).

Doc
      97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

You'd probably be best just to pull it out and remove all of the debris. If it has bent fins you can buy a fin comb and straighten them out if not just remove any of the junk on there and reinstall it.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
        X