need help w/starting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help w/starting

I put a new starter in last night and it still wont turn over. The starter is engaging and it makes a click sound. Talked to my freinds father and he said to go directly to the starter from the battery to bypass the one from the starter. It went past clicking for the 1st time but it sounded like it was choking and couldnt quite get started. Next he suggested we tried that with the ground and it came closer to starting than the time before but on both shots in only worked a few times. Any information where to go next would be appreciated.
    99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
    93 TA A4, sold

Battery?

I once bought a brand new battery, and it didn't have enough juice to start the Z. Brought it back to Western and got a replacement. Same "clicking" problem with the second one. Got my money back, bought a brand new GM replacement, started right up first try.

Not sure if that's your problem, but the symptom sounds the same.'

Sean
    1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

It could also be dirty/corroded or loose terminals, even if they are just alittle loose it could cause a no start problem. I've been down that road before

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Working...
      X