B&M mageshifter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&M mageshifter

My girlfriend wants me to put a B&M console megashifter in her 91 RS this weekend and I was just wonderin if anyone has done it about how long it should take me. I was plannin on giving myself an extra day just in case something breaks or goes wrong (like usual).
    LOUD2000T/A
    '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

Dude...that shifter will look awesome in the car. I believe it should be a direct bolt in. Should only take a couple of hours. So if you start by 9am Sat. You should be done around 12noon or so. She will love it. Plus, with the ability to use the slap shift feature is kinda cool as well.

Comment

Install is no prob. Only bolts and clips. The bad news IMO is that the backup light P/N switch can be a pain, and the shifter cable that they used to give was a little too short. Take your time when it comes to adjustment, and make sure that you can actually get into all gears in both directions. I put one of these in my RS, and had to swap to a longer cable cause I got a kink in mine and it made shifting a weight lifting event. It was tough. Have Fun.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
      95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
      Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

i put one in my 89 formula. and my backup switch was a pita. when i put it in reverse i had to push the shifter to the right until i heard a "click". thats when the shifter would hit the switch for the reverse lights came on. other than that it was too hard and i loved it.
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

I had one in my 78 Formula back in the day, piece of cake to install, also loved that shifter. To bad they dont have one for the 4th gen cars, i would have one right now.
          95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Working...
          X