NFB: How to ease tensions at work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: How to ease tensions at work?

How do you guys deal with instigators at work? How to deal with them, I have two instigators I work with, one has a real loose mouth, lazy and is bringing the morale down.
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Tell them to go pound sand, and then ignore them. They will catch on eventually.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

No that easy Trace, this is a Union job, one of them walks around saying He don't give a s***, and it will take for ever to get rid of him.
      1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
      "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Speaking from 17 years of middle and upper management, Always be looking to replace the weakest link. If you're stuck with what you have and the attitude cannot be changed, you 'll need help. Micromanage the rest of the staff in regards to what they tolerate as being part of the team. When the troblemaker starts bucking the rest of the team, they will put the pressure on him/her at many times the rate that the supervisor is able. When you build a good team, the team will stick together.

Comment

I drag em into the stairwell and beat the cr@p out of them........

works every time...........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
            No that easy Trace, this is a Union job, one of them walks around saying He don't give a s***, and it will take for ever to get rid of him.
            and people wonder why American jobs are being lost to foreign competition

the best approach is peer pressure IMO......when people start collectively telling him they are tired of his BS, it begins to wear on him (whether he admits to it or not)
            DWS
            Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              I drag em into the stairwell and beat the cr@p out of them........

works every time...........

HAHAHAHAHA....I love it. Couldn't have expected anything different coming from this guy

I too got one boss that I can't stand.....I just basically ignore him. My other boss is the one I report to and who tells me what he wants me to do. Ignoring someone is the best way to get under their skin. You're not being rude enough to get fired, but at the same time, you're blatently showing them you don't feel like giving them the time or day....as if they weren't important enough. Also, proving him wrong usually shuts him up as well. This guy runs his mouth so much about everything with the mentality of a ricer....gives me many opportunities to explain and show facts....couldn't tell ya how p*ssed this guy gets
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
              X