Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right blinker forgot how to blink

Is this an easy fix?

When I turn on the blinker, it just goes on and doesn't blink. I have to manually blink it... It makes me feel like my car takes the short bus to school.

Where should I start to look for this? And is it something I can fix on my own?

Also... I threw trouble code "P1153" this past week down in Tallahassee... "Bank 2 shifted lean"... went to AutoZone, had the code removed. 1200 miles later, and I am back home, with no SES light, so I'm thinking that was just a weird sensor hiccup.

Any input would be appreciated... oh ... and it's good to be back, y'all.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

i had the same thing happen to me and all it turned out to be was a burned out taillight bulb, turn your blinker on and see if the bulbs light up.

Comment

I was wondering what happened to you and Kev. lol

Check the lights and see if any aren't lighting up. If they are, then check your flasher. If nothing still, check your relays. As for the SES light, I would wait and see if it comes back. Were you able to duplicate the conditions on the way home after the clearing of the light? If so and it didn't return, just keep an eye on it but don't worry about it. You guys have a good trip?
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

i have same problem for months now i haven't fix that yet, i can't find where flasher or relay located if you have picture of them help us out. because dealer charge too much.
        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

The flasher unit is located under the dash on the drivers side. If the flasher goes out then you will not have turnsignals on either side. Many times on f-bodies lights not flashing on one side is caused by either a burnt up light or a bad ground to one of the tail lights.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
            i have same problem for months now i haven't fix that yet, i can't find where flasher or relay located if you have picture of them help us out. because dealer charge too much.
            I believe the flasher is under the hood, driver's side in front of the wheel well as you're looking under the hood. Check the owner's manual, it will tell you where all the fuses, relays and the flashers are.

***EDIT***

Originally posted by 94 formula
            The flasher unit is located under the dash on the drivers side. If the flasher goes out then you will not have turnsignals on either side. Many times on f-bodies lights not flashing on one side is caused by either a burnt up light or a bad ground to one of the tail lights.
            Ya beat me to it
            Steve

Comment

http://shbox.com/1/flashers.jpg

Theres a picture of the flasher located under the dash you do not have a problem with it unless both sides of your turn signals won't work. Picture is thanks to shoebox of course.
              1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Usually when it comes on and stays on that just indicates a burnt out bulb somewhere... either front or back. that's what mine has turned out to be every time it's happened.
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Its prob one of your brake lights. Have a buddy check it out. Mine did that a week ago, and couldnt find the prob cuz the light came on, but not when braking. (My neighbor caught it)

Originally posted by Dave M
                  Usually when it comes on and stays on that just indicates a burnt out bulb somewhere... either front or back. that's what mine has turned out to be every time it's happened.
                  I agree.
                  99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

In he year and a half that I've owned my bird I've had a loose ground, corroded socket and blown front or rear bulbs cause that problem Every time I drive it I wonder if my left signal is gonna work.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

I've had the drivers side tail-light bulb burn out at least 3 times and I haven't had to replace the passenger side yet. Each time the bulb actually melts the metal that supports the filament...and the filament just sits there wiggling. Every once in a while it will touch the metal again, reweld itself and start working for a while. Its the strangest problem. A new bulb will solve the problem for a few months, and then they fail the same way. The actual blinkers work great on both sides normally.....

Comment

i have a friend who owns a 4th gen firebird and her blinker seems to be slow on the left side what may cause this problem...burnt out tail light as you said...didnt know if it would cause the same thing or could it be a bad connection to one of the light?
                        your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                          I was wondering what happened to you and Kev. lol
                          Just got back from Houston Nationals. Sunburned, windburned, and exhausted, and still can't hear sh!t! What?

But, got to see the NHRA Top Fuel national speed record broken!! Tony Schumacher went 335.32 MPH! Saw a few hard qualifying wrecks too. It was very windy and they almost delayed the eliminations like they did in San Antonio. It is pretty wild when people are pulling their chutes only to have their car lifted off the ground.

You and J get on AIM later.

Comment

What?!?! What?!?! lol

I'm already on lol
                            Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X