in light of yesterdays "lack of self control"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in light of yesterdays "lack of self control"

i got up and put on coat number 9 of zaino z2pro this morning to erase the memory of coat #8's thrasing of the c5

have a gr8 sunday all...weather here is awesome!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Now you need a better excuse for coat #10

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

how long does it take to put every coat on?
      and is zaino expencive?
      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
        how long does it take to put every coat on?
        and is zaino expencive?
        I've yet still to find out. I got my order in almost 2 months ago and I'm for the right weather. Upper 70's all weak is what I'm for.

The whole kit will cost you about $85.00. It's worth it.
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

whats all included in the kit?

BTW nice car
          1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino
            2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
            SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
            Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
            http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

If my car is white, and I don't have a garage, is it worth putting zaino on it?

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Originally posted by wood
                If my car is white, and I don't have a garage, is it worth putting zaino on it?
                Dang skippy. I don't have a garage, and that is one of the main reasons why I DO put Zaino on my car. It is excellent protection against the elements. In fact, I was lucky that I put a coat of Z5 on this past Teusday, because we had a freak blizzard here last night. Couldn't believe it, we went from 80 degree weather on Friday to a blizzard on Saturday. Only in Saskatchewan. Anyway, yeah...the results will be a little less obvious on a white car, but after a few coats you will wonder why you never used it before. It is worth every penny.

Oh, and about how long it takes to apply a coat: Kinda like painting a room, the most time consuming part is the prep work, I find. You need to wash the car thoroughly and dry it so there are no water spots as Zaino is not an abrasive and won't remove water spots when you apply it. Then you don't have to, but I always go over the whole car with Z6 before I apply the polish. But, then when you apply the polish...it is just a matter of wipe it on and wait. There is no scrubbing motion when putting it on. Just wipe on smoothly, and let it do it's thing. Taking it off is just as easy. It usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to apply a coat once I have the car ready. Then about the same amount of time to remove it.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                  Dang skippy. I don't have a garage, and that is one of the main reasons why I DO put Zaino on my car. It is excellent protection against the elements. In fact, I was lucky that I put a coat of Z5 on this past Teusday, because we had a freak blizzard here last night. Couldn't believe it, we went from 80 degree weather on Friday to a blizzard on Saturday. Only in Saskatchewan. Anyway, yeah...the results will be a little less obvious on a white car, but after a few coats you will wonder why you never used it before. It is worth every penny.

Oh, and about how long it takes to apply a coat: Kinda like painting a room, the most time consuming part is the prep work, I find. You need to wash the car thoroughly and dry it so there are no water spots as Zaino is not an abrasive and won't remove water spots when you apply it. Then you don't have to, but I always go over the whole car with Z6 before I apply the polish. But, then when you apply the polish...it is just a matter of wipe it on and wait. There is no scrubbing motion when putting it on. Just wipe on smoothly, and let it do it's thing. Taking it off is just as easy. It usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to apply a coat once I have the car ready. Then about the same amount of time to remove it.

excellent info... to add though.. with a few coats of zaino... water spots wont happen. if they are there.. just z6 em off.. sometimes even distilled water takes em off.!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Zaino is very easy to apply and remove. With as little is used per application it is very economical. My SS sits out all the time. I try to get a cover on it when I can though. The protection and durability of Zaino is the best.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
                    KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

I don't know Wolfman, it is lookin a little hazy...lol J/K Looks great... I think I will have to try that on my cars. Hey, does it take out dents, cracks, and rust?
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                      <Motor out

Comment

Had to dig this thread up from the archives.

I have a question about Zaino... I just ordered the big kit yesterday. I have a black car, and everyone knows how tough they are to wash. Does the leaf blower trick really work for drying the car off? I have a small gas-powered one that is around 200+ mph. It seems like a good idea, but I'm not 100% sure how it would come out.

Thanks in advance.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                          excellent info... to add though.. with a few coats of zaino... water spots wont happen. if they are there.. just z6 em off.. sometimes even distilled water takes em off.!
                          ditto that had spots Saturday after a quick wash and Z6 took em right out...

I took the bird to the shop to get the 4l60e looked at, and the guys at the shop couldn't believe I had 150K on the clock and the fact she's about to turn 6 years old soon. They were in awe...Zaino, the BEST! Hands down...I got my friend hook, his fiance, his doctors, everyone I run into that is intrested how I keep my car so bright red and his so mirror black gets hooked on Zaino. It's d@mn near a drug...the government is gonna start regulating usage. HAHAHA!!!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                            Had to dig this thread up from the archives.

I have a question about Zaino... I just ordered the big kit yesterday. I have a black car, and everyone knows how tough they are to wash. Does the leaf blower trick really work for drying the car off? I have a small gas-powered one that is around 200+ mph. It seems like a good idea, but I'm not 100% sure how it would come out.

Thanks in advance.
                            that's what I use...the blower. It gets into places a towel can't, like gaps, door jams, fog lamps...etc. After a blow, I give a quick Z6 wipe down before an application.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thanks. I'll have to try it out. Ever have an issue with dust kicking up from the ground?
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X