painted the intake.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painted the intake.

my friend gave me his old lt1 intake for my birthday, so i painted black and red.

this should be a straight forward swap right? im using all my i guess you call the m accessories(injectors, rails....you get the idea.

i know im gonna need a new set of intake gaskets.... can anyone think of anything else?

thanks chris.

It is requested that your signature be changed. It is considered offensive by several of the moderators and members. Failure to change it will result in suspension of your account. Sorry...........
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

As long as its note a 92 or 93 Intake (I was told these intakes are slightly different)it should a direct swap. Just make sure you seal the back of the manifold and wait 24 hours til you start it to make sure it seals. Its called the Famous Intake Leak Mod Fix. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Doug 97SS
      As long as its note a 92 or 93 Intake (I was told these intakes are slightly different)it should a direct swap. Just make sure you seal the back of the manifold and wait 24 hours til you start it to make sure it seals. Its called the Famous Intake Leak Mod Fix. :-)
      I think he would want to seal the front as well Doug....

The 92-93 intakes don't have the fuel rail cross-over passage at the front of the fins like the one in the pic does.
      95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Looks great. I actually painted the valley in mine.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          Looks great. I actually painted the valley in mine.

thats cause you didnt wanna remove...prolly used a crayon and let it melt in the crevaces....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
          X