whats your best gas milage???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats your best gas milage???

looking for your best gas milage. mainly stock but open to everything!

On my A4 with stock 3.23s, I can't get anything over 14-15 mpg on 90% city driving with terrible stop lights. 15 mpg is with very light throttle, and 14 is with normal driving.
    However, I've yet to test it with my new good PCM tune and new EGR valve (old one was bad).
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I average about 14 now (mostly highway driving) but i've learned to appreciate the throttle. I used to get around 18. The previous owner claimed 30 MPG's though.
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Give me about a week I'll get back to you. I just got the computer reprogrammed and I'm driving like grandma to see what kind of gas mileage I can get out of it. I was getting ~17 mpg combination city/highway with the A4. I'm interested to see how the M6 is going to be.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I average between 16 and 19 just B/S drivin, back & forth to work and such. 19 if i take it easy and lower if i drive it like i usually do. On the highway I usually get about 25.
          LOUD2000T/A
          '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

Comment

30 MPG on an all interstate trip one time with just 20 minutes of city driving. On average I get between 17-20 with my daily driving, 50/50 mix of city and highway. Gotta love the 6th gear.

JasonG

Comment

in 6th gear... 27-28MPG..but when I am driving in the city.... SLURP!!! have no idea.. my foot is too heavy

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
              Mods are:
              18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims
              Hot Wheels steering wheel cover
              Hurst Classic Shifter Ball with 6-speed pattern
              K&N CAI , I LIKE IT!! it REALLY does make a difference!

more pictures of the hooptie

Comment

City (no matter how I drive) I can only get 220-230 miles from a full tank of gas. This is with 93+ Octane Super Unleaded from Shell or Exxon. I did see a difference when I changed the cap & rotor on the Opti - immediately after, I was getting 260 Miles to a full tank but, little by little it wore off to what I'm getting now.
                Darrin C
                '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

My all time record is 29 MPG with my stock gears and minor mods in my A4. It was a 200 mile highway trip. Got 29 one way and 28 on the way back.

With what I have now, 24 is about max and I usually get 18 mixed city/highway.
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD
                  Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I'm running a pretty consistent 18mpg city/highway right now. However, I leaned out my pcm tune quite a bit over most of the rpm range so i'm hoping for closer to 20. Pure highway, the car is closer to 28mpg.

Comment

12-14mpg...thats was with my 2 barrel......now ima have to do it by feet
                      thats city driving
                      your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

Comment

my best is 28 mpg...but I average around 24. I'm real easy on her...mostly highway driving.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

my best of all time was a stretch from the outskirts of DC to Front Royal . I got 30 MPG . Most if the time I hover ~22 mpg city/hwy
                          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                          pics and info

Comment

On a trip in got about 360 miles out of one tank on a trip. It was pretty much on empty by the time I stoped to fill up. I ussualy get high teens and low to mid 20's in suburban driving. (Highway and a little stop and go traffic)

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

27 mpg highway,97 LT-1 auto with 3.23 gears, K&N air filter and Muffler back only mods. That was with a real light foot and at the speed limit.

Now with extra bolt ons and 3.73s, the best I get is 23 highway at the speed limit. It goes downhill pretty quickly as the speed climbs with these gears. The acceleration though is mucho better.

Comment

Working...
                              X