Newbie saying hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie saying hello

Just figured I'd say hi and announce myself as the new kid on the block Currently driving a 97 V6 firebird unmodified. Looking for a T/A tho preferably with low miles and a 6-speed so if you know of one let me know. Yet again hello to everyone
    Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

Hey, man. Nice to see another V6 guy on the board. Welcome, I know you will enjoy it here...this is one of the best and most knowledgable bunch of F-body enthusiasts out there.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

If it was not for the V6 cars the V8 cars would not exist. We owe it all to them. Welcome to the forum!!
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

First of all thank you for the greetings that was quick Does anyone know if they make turn signal blackouts for 97 birds? I've found them for camaro's but am not sure if they would work on my bird Thanks in advance for any help
        Beau

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
          Hey, man. Nice to see another V6 guy on the board. Welcome, I know you will enjoy it here...this is one of the best and most knowledgable bunch of F-body enthusiasts out there.
          I can certainly agree with this!
          Welcome aboard!
          Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
          Does anyone know if they make turn signal blackouts for 97 birds?
          Check out LMPerformance one of the board sponsers.
          http://www.lmperformance.com/c/8/14.html

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Welcome to the board from a V6 and V8 guy...just, my 6 isn't in an F-body . Welcome and enjoy
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

You can also get the front turn signal blackouts here, http://www.accessconnect.com/gts4.htm

This is where I got mine.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Thanks that works I'm ordering them as I type this . Also glad to see there are some other V6'ers on the board. Has anyone tried one of the turbo/super chargers on a 3.8L? Just curious about how much more power I can get out of this little guy Also to those fellow V6 folk what mod would you recomend first as far as the engine/exhaust goes?
                Beau

Comment

Welcome to the board!!!

Comment

These guys are great! With them, I don't feel helpless whenever something goes wrong! I never have to wait too long for an answer - amazing!
                    Darrin C
                    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
                      Thanks that works I'm ordering them as I type this . Also glad to see there are some other V6'ers on the board. Has anyone tried one of the turbo/super chargers on a 3.8L? Just curious about how much more power I can get out of this little guy Also to those fellow V6 folk what mod would you recomend first as far as the engine/exhaust goes?
                      Tried?!?! I have one...

Not the same exact motor, but pretty friggen close. A blower or turbo on the 3.8 will definitely get it to scoot quite nicely. As for the exhaust, check this out...

http://members.aol.com/jtesta1966/sounds/jimscar.mp3

Its from ATR (www.atrperformance.com). They do make a kit for the F-body too
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                      X