Borla with QTP valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borla with QTP valve

Guys, this is the coolest toy I have ever had on a car. With the cutout closed the Borla sounds mild and muscular. With the valve open is sounds wild. The switch is hidden under the ashtray lid and is sooo much fun to play with!

The springtime mods are almost done now, all that is left is to paint the hood. I'll post lots of pictures as soon as i have them.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Did you use the standard switch they supplied? I couldn't handle the large size and force it takes to toggle the lever, so I replaced mine with a smaller one.
    But it's good to hear you like it...it's a really neat "toy"
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I used the standard switch. I had the same thought you did about it being to firm, but believe it or not once you mount it in a firm surface it feels fine. I also like the light in the tip of the switch indicating it has power.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I knew you would love it.

That was my favorite thing about building up my Formula. I spent $5000 on motor work, and I still thought the elec. cutout was the coolest thing about the car.

Randy
        99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
        93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Would QTP work with this?

I'm about to Purchase Stainless Kooks LT headers carsound cats and Borla Catback 3" system. Is it possible without too much trouble to get the Cutouts placed before the cats on a sytem like this should I just delete the cats. My car is a daily driver in Texas.
          Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            Guys, this is the coolest toy I have ever had on a car. With the cutout closed the Borla sounds mild and muscular. With the valve open is sounds wild. The switch is hidden under the ashtray lid and is sooo much fun to play with!

The springtime mods are almost done now, all that is left is to paint the hood. I'll post lots of pictures as soon as i have them.
            Hey TraceZ, have you gvien any thoughts to going to the CC Summer Nats in St. Paul this year. I always park with the Minnesota F-body club with the Impala club lined up right across the street. It's a good time. Let me know if you are interested in going this year.

Comment

Yeah, the electric cutout is great! Used to take me 10 minutes to change out a plate, now it's just 5 seconds!

The guy that runs QTP is only a half hour from me. He just has a few guys working in a surprisingly small area. The design seems pretty good though. Mine has survived a nasty winter and numerous rain storms.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                Hey TraceZ, have you gvien any thoughts to going to the CC Summer Nats in St. Paul this year. I always park with the Minnesota F-body club with the Impala club lined up right across the street. It's a good time. Let me know if you are interested in going this year.
                When is it?
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  sooo much fun to play with!
                  I was thinking about one of those cutout swiches too. I had mechanical ones years ago, they leaked but still worked well enough to avoid the attention of the local authorities. I may have to get one of those.

Comment

Does the QTP cut out fit right in the 3 bolt flange at the adj plate. Do you just cut the tailpipe to make it line up with the bumper?

Any pictures?
                    I LOVE COBRA'S -
                    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

Originally posted by HottestZ28
                      Does the QTP cut out fit right in the 3 bolt flange at the adj plate. Do you just cut the tailpipe to make it line up with the bumper?

Any pictures?
                      Yes, it fits in the 3 bolt flange. No cutting is required. To make the pipe line up with the bumper you just loosen the clamp on that pipe and slide it in a little to make up for the width of the QTP valve. Piece of cake. I'll have pictures soon.

Here is a picture of the valve itself.

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...ct_detail&p=82
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:

Comment

Oh...one thing I forgot to mention. It's real nice when you happen upon a trooper with the cutout open and need to go quiet real quick! I call it my "stealth mode" ala knight rider!
                        Joe K.
                        '11 BMW 328i
                        '10 Matrix S AWD
                        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I have one from a guy who was making them before the QTP ones were out. He had the flange slotted, which I found useful. I usually run around with the thing shut, and the car is still too loud, and I have one of those baffle cones in the driver's side too! I had a cop follow me onto the interstate once - that was a loooOOOooong on ramp!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X