Pontiac Show in Destin:Pics:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac Show in Destin:Pics:

I was driving around saturday by the beach and I noticed an unusual amount of f-bodies floating around. I stoped at a light in my ragtop with a Z28 to my left and a WS6 to my rear. As I got farther down Highway 98 I look over at the convetion center and theres this ponitiac show going on and all these f-bodies coming to and fro...

I go in to check it out and I about had a stroke. It was the most beatuiful thing I never expected to see that day. F-body after F-body after F-body. I took some pics on my camera phone(sorry they suck). It was amazing and they were gonna do a cruise down 98...there must have been a good 50 4gen f-bodies. I didn't get to stay for that but it was a very nice sight. It totally made me miss my WS6 bad...

-Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

man sweet rides! didnt know they had such kool looking cars in FL, and the pics came out pretty good. later
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

That's a big show, called STARS, Southern Trans Am something. A few of our local cars were there, a club called GCFBA. You can check us out at www.gcfba.org . It used to be a lot bigger, but when they moved the show out of Pensacola a couple of years ago, which doubled the investment (show entry went up, rooms are twice as high, etc.) they lost a lot of cars. I think they've had somewhere around 125 before. People from all over the country come to that show.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I used to go to that show all the time looking at what i'd buy once out of college , I lived there in FWB of/on since late '82 . When I left in '01, they were still debating whether to put the conference center. I wish I could be down there for stars and the bowlegs festival. Thanks for the pics. RI is the pitts vs FWB
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
          I used to go to that show all the time looking at what i'd buy once out of college , I lived there in FWB of/on since late '82 . When I left in '01, they were still debating whether to put the conference center. I wish I could be down there for stars and the bowlegs festival. Thanks for the pics. RI is the pitts vs FWB
          haha the stupid festivals here...not to forget the mullet festival. I'm from the north so most of these things seems rediculous, but FWB area has grown on me.

Originally posted by MN6WS6
          That's a big show, called STARS, Southern Trans Am something. A few of our local cars were there, a club called GCFBA. You can check us out at www.gcfba.org . It used to be a lot bigger, but when they moved the show out of Pensacola a couple of years ago, which doubled the investment (show entry went up, rooms are twice as high, etc.) they lost a lot of cars. I think they've had somewhere around 125 before. People from all over the country come to that show.
          I remember talking to some of the GCFBA when I had my TA. Seemed like pretty good guys.
          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
          X