Can I use 285/40/17s on the front?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use 285/40/17s on the front?

Need some new tires on the front and the style I want is on back order in the 275/40/17 size, so I am wondering if I can go with the 285/40/17s that are in stock, or will these rub? The rims on the front are the ZR1s which have 275 Dunlop 8000s on there now. The new tires are Goodyear F1 D3s. They really have an awesome all around rating, and I just had the 315's put on the back this week.

Thanks,
    Kevin

I've run them for years with no rubbing. I suppose it depends on the wheel choice. There is a possibility of rubbing the front splash shield on a tight corner as some have reported, but in my case nada.

Comment

like whatshisname above me here, i ran them also after i wore out my 275's up there... no probs. go real real slow and turn as tight as you can at first install and make sure ...some have rubbed on some cars.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Like these two jokers posting above me, I have also had them on my car. No rubbing to report, and they have been on there about a year now.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Like what's-his-name, what's-his-a$$, and that bald guy said. I run a 285/40/17 BFG KDW up front on the stock WS6 17x9 rim with plenty of clearance.

Comment

That's all I needed to hear - Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X