leather painting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather painting?

can u paint leather? will it wear off quick ? i want to paint my whole interior black i am starting on the dash but how about the leather seats any sugg?

trying to do it myselph! any sugg or pics of finished products
    1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
    CAR IS SOLD

There used to be this paint called "Mar Hyde" that you could paint leather or vinyl with. I have used it. It's not as permanent as dying leather. It will rub off with use. If you do it, it will look like crap in a couple of years.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

As Jeff suggested, don't try to paint leather. You must use a dedicated leather dye.

Comment

Please don't. seeing a f-body get violated like that brings a tear to my eye.

If you want a black interior, I suggest you find a wreck and buy the interior from it for a few hundred bucks. Trying to dye/paint yours will only look like garbage and destroy the value of your car.

You can then sell your current interior to help cover the cost.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

thanks i am now looking for a set of used black leather seats in local junk yard!
          1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
          CAR IS SOLD

Comment

Working...
          X