neon lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neon lights

I wAS wONDERING IF ANY ONE KNOWS IF THERE IS A COMPANY OUT THERE THAT HAS NEON lIGHTS THAT wOULD FIT IN THE AIR VENTS IN MY rAM AIR hOOD.

99 T/A WS-6
    SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
    2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
    88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

I was wondering the same thing. My car looks bone stock and Im not big on the visual horsepower, but I just added an N2O purge that "snorts" out the ram air scoops. I thought the neons would look bad a** with it. I started looking on ebay, without much luck. I also checked the auto zone website and saw a set the might fit. I have yet to go down and check it out.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

there is a guy in town who has a black ls1 ramair with a red neon in there and it looks sick at night~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

Comment

rice. but no big deal. to each his own.

take the caps lock key off , dude....... against the rules. thanks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

wolfman, normally I would tend to agree, but in this instance, I believe neons are OK. Not rice. Rice is distasteful, excessive use of neons.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

i must agree with n2olt4bird, wait till you see them ken they really do look good~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

Comment

I have always thought about the red neons in the nostrils too... I bet they do look mean as hell at night.

And to have the N20 purge come out of there with it... oh man, that sounds AWESOME.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

the 6" neons that you can buy just about anywhere, or the 3" will fit, only problem is wiring. If you can snake it through the ram air your golden but that is really hard. You might have to drill through to run the wires, but you will restrict airflow and at highspeeds the issue is keeping them in place. Another issue is mounting them. Granted it would look good, ive considered it myself and am thinkin about doing it. If i get around to it i will inform all and take pictures. Autozone and advance auto has a decent selection as well as pepboys, although a little spendy for being so small. Another option is the extra bright LEds, sort of like the windshield wiper lights found on just about every ricer.
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                Traded in: 1998 Z28
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

thanks for all the replys. I will probably get it done today. And I will post some pics when its all done. I dont know about the whole rice thing, I dont plan on putting neons under or inside the car. I just think that it would look bad at night with them in the hood.

99 T/A WS-6
                  SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
                  2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
                  88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Any 12V lamp will work, you can get them from radio shack for like a 4.99 for a pack of 3. I've bought these for my in cabin pillar to let me know when my line lock is activated...fairly straight forward. The trick would be wiring it to your purge switch so its not on all the time...which would be easy enough actually...just have to piggy back the hot and ground leads.

How are you guys attaching your purge lines to the hood to get them to exit the nostrils? Mine is currently exiting under the cowl near the windshield...completely hidden until I purge

Just a thought

KnightFire
                    1993 Formula Firebird
                    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I had to drill some holes in the underside of the hood to route the lines, but it looks pretty clean. I went from the purge solenoid through the middle of the underside hood with plastic tubing. Then, I put a y connector in at the end of the plastic line and ran copper tube to the hood scoops, routing it around the air box. It's tight, but it fits. I'll try to get some pics if your really interested in doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                        It's tight, but it fits. I'll try to get some pics if your really interested in doing it.
                        I would very much appreciate that!

KnightFire
                        1993 Formula Firebird
                        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Here's the pics of the purge. The only problem I've had is that it blew the compression union off of the t connector at the track the other day. You can kinda see its not connected in the pic. I think I just didnt tighten it enough. Otherwise, works great.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I dont know if im permitted to do this, but here's the third.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X