NFB: Email to Pontiac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Email to Pontiac

I just went to GM and emailed them to find out when they are going to have the new Trans AM out, I told them that i know they stopped making it but i didnt want to by a Mustang GT. Surely they will delete it.
    95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

you might get an answer, but they will not say a word about a new ta........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I dont even expect an answer, but if everyone would do something like that, they might say, hmmmmm, you never know.
      95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

i know what you mean...i'm tired of used cars but there's no alternative to the Mustang and I can't afford a GTO...I'm not buying the Ford...
        1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Originally posted by imwlw83
          I dont even expect an answer, but if everyone would do something like that, they might say, hmmmmm, you never know.
          oh, believe me, lots and lots of people have...for years... everything from rear ratios to models, etc. they dont care about that... they are after the masses, not the select groups...except corvette.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well i am proud to be part of the select group, ever since my first 79 TA i have been hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFinder20
              i know what you mean...i'm tired of used cars but there's no alternative to the Mustang and I can't afford a GTO...I'm not buying the Ford...
              You can buy a brand new unsold '04 GTO in Denver for about $25,000, and an '05 for less then $32,000. A very large Pontiac dealership near where I live has about 4 or 5 new '04s and 6 or 7 '05s rotting on the lot. They mark them down regularly. There isn't an '04 with a higher price then 27k marked on the windshield.

I can use my friends GM discount along with my GM card and get an '05 for mid 20s; although, I don't care for them (at all) so I am going to wait for something else.
              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Well this was a surprise, they replied to the email. it read.

Dear Mr. Winters,

Thank you for contacting Pontiac! We are sorry, but as of today, GM has not made any definite plans or official announcements as to whether or not the Camaro/Firebird will ever be going into production again. Please keep in touch with your local GM dealer for the most current information.

We hope that this information answers your question. If you need additional information or have further questions, please let us know via email or by calling Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, between 8:00 AM-11:00 PM Eastern Time, seven days a week. Again, thank you for contacting Pontiac!

Sincerely,

Blake Burns
                Customer Relationship Manager
                Pontiac

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                  You can buy a brand new unsold '04 GTO in Denver for about $25,000, and an '05 for less then $32,000. A very large Pontiac dealership near where I live has about 4 or 5 new '04s and 6 or 7 '05s rotting on the lot. They mark them down regularly. There isn't an '04 with a higher price then 27k marked on the windshield.

I can use my friends GM discount along with my GM card and get an '05 for mid 20s; although, I don't care for them (at all) so I am going to wait for something else.
                  don't like the '04 exhaust, don't have 25 G's right now either, lol

i'm buying a new car in '08....hopefully something will be of interest by then...

'05 for less than 32 means more than 30, lol...can't afford it
                  1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

Comment

They should have the Solstice GXP out by '08. That should be putting out at least 240 HP. Mark Ruess is also pushing for a coupe version. GM is going to provide performance parts to take the wind out of the Miata in SCCA. I mention it because that's in your price range and time frame.

Camaro on Zeta was supposed to be an '09 model. Who knows if that'll get moved now...but they're still pushing for one.
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

looking for V8, RWD 4 seater...manual tranny...we'll see what's up...who knows, maybe things will change and i can score the CTS-V

Comment

Working...
                      X