Newb here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb here...

Just joined up. Looking forward to participating here and hopefully getting my newest toy back in action. It's a 1988 Pontiac GTA that is missing the original 305, but the rest of the car is real nice. Traded it for a nice 13B rotary engine straight across. I'm curious what suspension and tire options were available on these. Anyone point me to a list or website that might have it?

This is my first F-body, but I'm an Indian guy from way back when I ran GTO's at the local dragstrip. Anyway, glad I found this site and looking forward to participating!

Hans
    The Larry Shinoda Collection: '65 Corvair Monza 140, '69 L-68 Corvette, '70 BOSS 302

In progress: '88 GTA, '62 409 Impala, '72 RX-3

You have a real 70 Boss 302?!!!
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yep.

I've had it since High School (1973). I'm an old fart, but still spinnin' 'em!

Hans
      The Larry Shinoda Collection: '65 Corvair Monza 140, '69 L-68 Corvette, '70 BOSS 302

Comment

Originally posted by Wrencher

Hans
        just a yungin...........

im a 1966 hs grad..........'

welcome..

i been known to spin from time to time...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Hans
          I'm a middle aged fart. HS class of 82. I need a Vette. Mid life crisis. LOL Lets see some pictures.

Jeff
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            I'm a middle aged fart. HS class of 82. I need a Vette. Mid life crisis. LOL Lets see some pictures.

Jeff
            Same here, class of '79.

Third gen .org has a lot of spec. sheets on the third gens. http://www.thirdgen.org

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28

Jeff
              I'll work on the pics. This place (UC) gets attacked so often we have an impentrable firewall, and I can't host here. On the Vette, I really lucked out on mine. Local body man was selling and ask if I would check it out for a guy that was interested, but really trying to get it for a song. I went out, took one look and bought it on the spot. '69 427 convertible with A/C for an embarassingly low number. Turned out to be a tri-power sidepipe car originally. This was in '99, so they're still out there. New ones are awfully nice too.

Hans

Comment

I'm curious what suspension and tire options were available on these. Anyone point me to a list or website that might have it?
                Hans
                First let me say welcome to the site. Second I can give you a bunch of info on the 88 GTA. The GTA came with what at that time Pontiac and GM called Level 3 suspension. It was the best of the best for the third gens, also was on the formula, and some Z28, and Iroc cars. It included the biggest swaybars (i'm at work so I cant remember the actual sizes) 16x8 aluminium lace wheels harder springs and better shocks. Trans am's and Z28, came with Level 2 suspension, and base model cars with level 1. 88 GTA didnt get all of the updates to the engine and exhaust, unless you got a 5th month car, then you may have some of the 89 options. Retooling was in efect at this point and some cars have options from the 89 cars. ALL real GTAs have the lace wheels, which were restyled for 88. Some GTAs have 4 wheel discs some dont some have aluminum drums others dont. GTAs from 88 didnt get PBR rear calipers on the 4 wheel disc models. Offered in either 305/5.0L TPI and auto/std. or a 350 TPI auto.
                GTA also got a new steering wheel in 88 with radio controls.
                Notchback rear hatch was also available in this year with special rear seats.
                1988 GTA
                Notchbacks: 624

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                6.2L/382.97 ci
                Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                WCT-5 speed
                BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                Boss MS 18" Rims
                Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                Custom Dual exhaust