need help with noise NOW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with noise NOW

another problem. I have a 94 z28.ummmmm nice right . Well there is a problem that is stumping me . If any one could help i would greatly apprecaite it ...well I changed my trans fluid about 3 weeks ago .. at home i did this . since then i have had a problem when i go to race or get on it hard and it supposed to shift ( automatic) 1st to 2nd it sounds like it grinds . I don't know wether it is the trans or the gears in the back. It virbates when it goes to shift . I tryed lucas tans slip elminate thing. But it sounds like something grinds when it goes to shift. The trans has 167,000 miles on it ... What are you're suggestions I need them asap. I am really stumped yet i have worked on camaro's alot. Thanks

Well, only thing I can say to do is drain and check both the rear end and tranny fluids and look for metal flakes. If there's something grinding, you'll prolly have some metal in the fluids. Then you can go from there as far as fixing the problem.
    1995 Blue T-Top 3.8L Auto Firebird
    1991 Blue T-Top 5.0L TBI Auto Camaro RS

Comment

ugh

I really hope there is not any metal in there . I will try that though this weekend since the track is closd. I am going to drai nthe rear and put differantal fluids in there and check for metal flakes. And if it is the tranny ught even worse.. Anyoen think a turbo 350 or a 700 r4 would fit ???????????????????

Comment

with that kind of mileage, most likely bands or clutches have lost their facings and are doing the metal to metal contact thing. Rebuild time. Will a 350 fit? yes..... you'll lose 4th gear and the computer won't be happy. you'll need a reprogram. Ditto for the 700r4 except it has 4th gear. The 4L60e is basically an electronic controlled 700r4. notr exactly, but pretty close. The best option is to rebuild the one you have. A stock rebuild is roughly $1000, a performance build is $1500 and up.

Comment

trans ?

so if i put a 700 r4 in it will fit w/out any mods. Would i still have to program it .. Or what . Would i have to have a extetion peice for the trans if i had the 700 r4 ?

Comment

Originally posted by CamaromanZ28
            so if i put a 700 r4 in it will fit w/out any mods. Would i still have to program it .. Or what . Would i have to have a extetion peice for the trans if i had the 700 r4 ?
            You will get 3 ses codes from removing the 4L60. They will not light the SES light though. I think the 4L60 and the turbo 350 requires a kick down bar. You'll have to add that somehow.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
            X