What Size exaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Size exaust

Im lookin into buying some headers for my car and some exaust i have 21/2 inch right now it sounds nice i just want to turn heads when im ridin by i want it to be loud!!!!!im 16 i could careless if girls thinks it to loud and whatever i was think 4" cuz i dont like the way the 3" sounds its not enough and i was wondering if there will be a nice drone to the car...im afriad it will sound like crap if i go to big and im kinda new to the car thing..im planing on puting a racing cam in it soon i dont know what all info you need
    your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

also i have the digital dash and it maxes out at 85 it just blinks is there ne way to by pass this .....i have to guess the speed and im pretty acurate done alot of motorcycle and go cart racing but im guessing my top speed is about 130 and my t-tops poped off and i had to catch it but luckly the safty laches caught it so i didnt get to max it out
    your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

Comment

Are you talking about replacing the Y-pipe/catback stock style exhuast with a similar, larger single exhaust? Or are you looking at going to a true "dual" exhaust?

I think the muffler that is used in the system is going to make a bigger difference than the diameter of the pipes. A 3" catback would appear to be adequate based on the limited info on your engine/mods. Mufflex makes a 3.5" and a 4" catback. I've seen the 4" support well over 1,000HP. They have a choice of a Flowmaster muffler (loud) or a Spin-Tech (medium).
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I've got 3 inch flowaster exhaust with hedmans, and it sounds absolutely incredible. I can try get a sound clip if you want, haha.
        '83 Z28 Camaro. 350/325HP, 3:73's, comp.cam, hedman headers, 650 carter carb, 1 inch spacer, edelbrock performer, K&N, 3" flowmaster, t-tops, 18" Torq thrust-II's and a big bad 4" cowl.

Comment

Working...
        X