Embarrassed an SRT-4...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassed an SRT-4...

This is quite an ironic story actually. With gas prices being so high lately, I decided to save some extra $$$, and give my car a nice full clean and just garage it for about a week or so, and drive it minimally afterwards. Well, 2 nights ago, I got the itch, so I took her out for a 'lil spin.

This guy I know gave me a call while I was out and said he wanted to go for a short cruise with me as well, so I picked him up. As we were cruisin', we got to talking about cars (he has no idea about anything with cars also), and he kept insisting on how SRT-4's are extremely fast and everything. I pretty much responded that stock, they are quick & respectable, but not fast. To make it fast would require a boost upgrade and blah blah blah you all already know. Anyways, about 5 minutes later, I'm driving south, and I notice an SRT-4 in a gas station about to turn north. When I drove by, I looked in my mirror, and I noticed that he quickly changed his mind and decided to follow me. Not 2 blocks later, the light changes red, and he slowly pulls up next to me. Now I'm not a neon fan, but if I owned one, this is exactly how I would make it look. It was a metallic dark blue with all around limo tints and some nice black rims with no badging what so ever. With all this (and the amount of ricers that live around me), I assumed that it was a regular neon with an SRT-4 body kit and what not. So, at this point, to me its not even worth wasting my gas, even if the speed limit is 40 and I can toy around with this guy. The light changes, and I just give it 1/4 throttle to give him a qick jump and that was gonna be it. Well, little did I know that he quickly revved and dumped the clutch (at I'd say about 3 grand or so) right before and as the light changed, and he immediately came up right beside me. Right before he could get a nose on me, I put it at 3/4 throttle and just pulled. I went to about 12 mph over the limit (52 mph or so) before I hit the brake to slow down to the speed limit. By the time I hit the brake, I had 1 1/4 cars on him. Of course he did a fly by, and as he did it, he was shifting (and it was definitely a high shift), and I heard his turbo (which sounded stock). I just looked at my buddy and asked him if he still though they were fast.

I must admit though, I didn't think an SRT-4 would look that ugly against my car. I only have 2.73's also....I'm assuming he doesn't know how to drive well

Anyways, glad I wasn't the one being embarrassed and happy friday everyone
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Shortly before my car took a dump on me I went to morosso and there were a couple of SRT-4's there. Some of them had the usual mods, other had largers blow off valves and all that blah blah blah, the fastest any of them ran was 15.9 at 96 or something. It's like my roommate says, "So what if your SRT beat my mustang, it's STILL a neon".
    '99 Z28 A4, 101K, fresh tranny, fresh rear-end, fresh window motor!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axolot2
      Shortly before my car took a dump on me I went to morosso and there were a couple of SRT-4's there. Some of them had the usual mods, other had largers blow off valves and all that blah blah blah, the fastest any of them ran was 15.9 at 96 or something. It's like my roommate says, "So what if your SRT beat my mustang, it's STILL a neon".
      I see em in the 14's all the time at the track.....

Im going this wednesday with a former student of mine. Im bringing my omni glh (the original srt-4) to beat up on his new (to him) 95 T/A M6......i'll let you know how it turns out.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
        I see em in the 14's all the time at the track.....
        I agree, I see SRT-4's runnin' 14's all day. I think I was just surprised how much 3/4 throttle does....alot more then I expected. Then again, I've done most of my mods this past winter, so I really didn't know how my car now compares to how it was last fall. Driving it in the winter doesn't count due to a significant traction problem

I love that spring is finally here. First chance I get I'm going to the track, I can't wait to see what my timeslip will be
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
        X