Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ken.. and other tire guys....

Hey guys,
    I am getting tires for my Grand Prix. Stock tire size is 225/60-16. I went ahead and bought a set of 17x8's. I think that a set of 235/50-17's or 245/45-17's would work fine and keep my speedo close to my real speed. As far as tire choice.... I found a set of Continental on tire rack. I think they are the ContiExtremeContact's. The reviews are awesome. Just wondering what you guys thought of my tire selection. Would you suggest something else?

Thankx everyone...

Mark B
    No F-Body right now

Not a tire guru, but...

Just thought I'd chime in here... My brother has a set of those on his LS-400 (Running 245x45x17s) and loves them for grip, general traction and quiet running. (He drives the piss out of that car too, it's like an auto-x every day on his way to work!! ) The only complaint he has is the visual appearance of the sidewalls, they are a bit over-done and "crowded" with too much fancy "Continental" garbage on them for his taste.

I am planning on a set of these soon for my GTP... two thumbs up from me!

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

Working...
    X