THM 400 in a 88 GTA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THM 400 in a 88 GTA?

The '88 GTA I just aquired came less engine and the OD automatic trans (700R4 - low/reverse only) in a seperate box. I'll ulimately restore it to somewhat stock and register it, but for now it's getting a '63 Vette 327 and I want to bolt in a THM400 that I have as well.

Will this trans physically fit in the tunnel? I'm less concerned about the mount and driveline as I have the ability to fab that stuff. I just don't want to cut the car. Anyone done this?

Also, the 327 has the factory Winters intake with a 4150 Holley on top. Will this clear the stock hood? If I had the total hieght of the TP injection assembly from the valve cover I could figure it out myself. Again, I wont cut the hood, just find another to modify.

My goal is to road-course this car at the local tracks (Sears Point, Laguna, Thunderhill) and give my BOSS a break. Besides, it has WAY better brakes and suspension! All advice is appreciated...

Hans
    The Larry Shinoda Collection: '65 Corvair Monza 140, '69 L-68 Corvette, '70 BOSS 302

In progress: '88 GTA, '62 409 Impala, '72 RX-3

The tranny will fit.

but the best way to go is for sure to measure the 327 and size it up!
    '83 Z28 Camaro. 350/325HP, 3:73's, comp.cam, hedman headers, 650 carter carb, 1 inch spacer, edelbrock performer, K&N, 3" flowmaster, t-tops, 18" Torq thrust-II's and a big bad 4" cowl.

Comment

Great! Once I get the car in my shop, I'll be able to measure all that stuff. Thanks!

Hans
      The Larry Shinoda Collection: '65 Corvair Monza 140, '69 L-68 Corvette, '70 BOSS 302

In progress: '88 GTA, '62 409 Impala, '72 RX-3

Comment

Working...
      X