4l60e ? 700 r4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4l60e ? 700 r4

I have another ? If i were to take a 700 r4 out of a 86 or 87 camaro and drop it in a 94 z 28 would that be possible or even good ?" any mods to it .. I need to find a tranny asap... thanks

I thought they were the same thing... dont know about the years tho. I think it would have to be newer. Im pretty sure its 82-92 for that tranny.

---added---
    dont know what your looking to spend, but... Ebay: Camaro Tranny

might also want to post in the For Sale / WTB section.
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

The 4l60e in your 94 is shifted electronically by the PCM.

A 700r4 trans is shifted via a TV cable going from the trans to the accelerator linkage. The only thing the computer comtrols on those is the lock up torque converter.

Although they are very similar, you will need to find a 4L60e for your 94.

Now, if you were to convert over to a 700r4 you would need to get the TV cable and bracket from a 1993 f-body and also have the PCM reprogrammed to eliminate the programming for the transmission. It wouldnt be very hard to do, everything else would plug and play. You might have to change the throttle body to because the 1993 ones have the connector on them for the TV cable. Also, i'm not sure if your current VSS would go in the 700r4. I'm guessing it would.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Antoher option would be to run the 700R4 vacuum modulated.

Comment

Working...
        X