Key to working on an LS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key to working on an LS1

Take more apart than you ever thought necessary!!! My hands look like ground beef after this minor install! I replaced the stock spark plug wires with MSD super conductors. I got them off a guy in my club that is going back to stock. To be completely honest this was not so much of a "performance mod" it was more for the looks I am going with some red parts under hood to go with the polished aluminum bits and the silver color of the car and the MSDs are red. Anyways - the passenger side back plug sucks!!! To get to is I removed the AIR pipe and the coil packs on that side - just for a freakin wire! I think it is starting to look nice. Within the next 2 weeks it will be NASTY.
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Originally posted by casey02ws6
    Take more apart than you ever thought necessary!!! .
    I think that is pretty much the case with everything.

Comment

No doubt - but it does give you a sense of accomplishment. I helped my friend disassemble his car and now I am ready to assemble mine. Just afraid I will get in over my head - as such I have another friend who has done many cam swaps coming over. I have a club drag day on May 6th - has to be together by then - looking for a 12.5-12.6 time slip but will be happy just getting into the 12s. Car is much more capable than that but I don't want to break anything (read: rear end) so I will be running street tires and no "power shifting". Once it is done it should have close to 400 RWhp so I do not think my goals are too high.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Just this morning I was shocked by how much I had to take off just to change the lousy front blinker.

I had to go in from under the car... I had to take off one of the guards underneath -- which was attached to the main brush guard, which was attached to the other guard opposite the one I needed to take off on the other side. I ended up removing the whole brush guard. All in all... I think I ended up removing like 10 bolts and two different guards, just to reach the lousy blinker.

Good news is it works
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Your working on a LS1 plug wires or plugs. Help one of your buddys with his LT1 Than come back an post What a pain in the butt it is. Been there done that. Any way good luck Blazer

Comment

Working...
          X