Bullet Muffler ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Muffler ?

Has anyone heard of/have a bullet muffler, I've never heard of them myself but I might buy a vehical with one on it, sight unseen Also if anyone has any tips on buying a vehical 2,000 miles away and having it shipped to you feel free to post those also
    Thanks

P.S. Thanks for the advice Steve hopefuly this works
    Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

Not a problem man. Here's what a bullet-style muffler looks like...

Mind you, not all bullet-style mufflers look or sound alike, but they usually sound pretty good on a V8. The above is the Loudmouth 2 muffler from SLP. Hope this helps.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

It's on an LS1 man lol don't worry. It looks pretty much like a straight pipe, can't imagine that sounding good on a V6
      Beau

Comment

Its close to a straight pipe, but its surrounded by sound-dampening material, similar to a glass-pack. Also, if you remember that sound clip that I posted of the GN, those were 2 bullet mufflers. I've got a similar setup on my GN and it actually does sound pretty good. Of course, that motor is the exception to the rule, so I can't imagine it would sound good on all V6s. Just out of curiousity, what exhaust system does this LS1 have? Or, is it a custom fab. job?
        Steve

Comment

All I know about the exhaust is what the guy told me over the phone, as I said I'll be buying the car sight unseen, he said he put in a magna flow cat back but didn't care for the sound so he took it off and put a bullet on it.
          Beau

Comment

Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
            All I know about the exhaust is what the guy told me over the phone, as I said I'll be buying the car sight unseen, he said he put in a magna flow cat back but didn't care for the sound so he took it off and put a bullet on it.
            Hmmmmm...there's no way you could put a bullet muffler in place of the Magnaflow muffler on the Magnaflow system since the system uses a cross-flow muffler. So, it sounds like he had a custom system fabbed up. Do yourself a favor and check the car out first thoroughly before you decide to buy it.
            Steve

Comment

Trust me I would love to do that, problem is it's in San Diego, I'm in Illinois. But I've been looking for a LS1 TA forever and this one is in my price range and from pictures and the owners mouth and carfax the car is in great shape. But I think I'll have one of those internet mechanix services inspect it before I finalize the deal and have it shipped. Still makes me really nervous tho buying a car without actually seeing it
              Beau

Comment

Wish I could help ya man. I mean, San Diego is closer to me than it is to you, but that's still a 8-10+ hr. drive one way and I've got work tomorrow. Have him take pictures and e-mail them to you. Other than that, hopefully your purchase will go through smoothly. Feel free to ask anything else you may be wondering . Take care man
                Steve

Comment

I've got pictures already and I'm asking every question I can think of so ..... Hopefuly soon I might post pictures of my new baby
                  Beau

Comment

Working...
                  X