DJ Taso ? for you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Taso ? for you

hay i was looking for that topic you wrote about going to a m6. well I had some one offer me today there six speed tranny with all there lines and every thing. and then i would give him my auto 4l60e even swap. but just woundering how much your install was and if i need my computer reprogramed.

Originally posted by camaro5256
    hay i was looking for that topic you wrote about going to a m6.
    This will help you tremendously,

http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5853

http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7042

I had some one offer me today there six speed tranny with all there lines and every thing. and then i would give him my auto 4l60e even swap.
    Do it!! Your car will be a completely different car to you! Nothing tops the feel of a 6-speed. Once you go stick you never go back.

An even swap sounds fair to me. Is the trans still in your friend's car? Is it drivable? Ask if you can drive it around and play with the gears. Make sure nothing's grinding and all the gears go in nice and crisp. Also, how many miles on the trans? Has it ever been rebuilt?

just woundering how much your install was and if i need my computer reprogramed.
    I think I paid $100.00 for my computer reflash. Also, you will save your self $2,000.00 by doing the even swap. The only thing you will need is a new clutch, flywheel, wiring harness, and the labor.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I know gas isn't a huge concern if this isn't your daily driver but I just went cross country with my brother in his 99Z28 which is a M6 with LT headers CAI and a fairly wild cam and we averaged around 27 mpg. A good bit of the driving was outwest and we averaged around 90mph and still weren't turning 2k rpms. Oh and the first time you get on it and row through the gears you'll get this goofy little smile you won't be able to wipe off your face .
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

thank you so much i think that i will do this. the tranny is still in the car and i will probably drive it next week. the tranny has 83,000 miles on it. but i don't think that it has ever been rebuilt. But i will deffintly put in new clutch and stuff because i will up grade the clutch and stuff. i will let you know what i do.

Comment

Working...
        X