Keep or Sell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep or Sell?

In October I bought an 86 Trans Am for about $3000. Since then I've replaced the water pump, all the belts, the lower hose, the radiator, the front seal in the transmission, and I just took it to the shop to replace the torque converter (and hopefully NOT to also rebuild the tranny). It also needs wheel bearings. It's starting to feel like a money pit. I'm not planning on doing any modifications to it, just maintaining a powerful everyday driver, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should take my friend's offer of $5000 and go buy a newer one. Any thoughts?

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
    1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

For $5000 you could buy an LT1 car. That's exactly what I paid for mine almost 2 years ago and haven't had nearly as many problems. Take a look around and see what's for sale around you. If you can find something you like, I'd say go for it.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

sell it man . It would be worth it trust me ... Go for a lt 1

Comment

If you can get $5000 for that car, jump on it. There is a sucker born every day.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by braindeadracefan
          should take my friend's offer of $5000 and go buy a newer one?
          Yup. Sounds like a solid plan.

Comment

Working...
          X