Help !! NFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !! NFB

Alright, I'm going to look at a car tomorrow. Black 98 WS-6 Ram Air 6-Speed. Body is in perfect shape. Here's the problem, the vehical has a salvage title. The story the owner gave me is it's interior was stripped out by the original owner to use it as a drag car, but before he had a chance the car was stolen and the insurance company paid the original owner off. The car was then recovered and a friend of the original owner purchased it from the insurance company. It was never wrecked . But because the insurance company paid the original owner off for it, it has to have a salvage title ?? The interior is now restored minus the airbags. Owner says it drives and handles fine...... Any feed back, or tips on getting to the bottom of all this or tell tale signs of a previous wreck would be greatly appreciated
    Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

Get in touch with that insurance company and/or do a carfax on it & see where it's been. Make sure you can title & register it before plunking down your cash.

Comment

if a insurance company pays the owner off, it tech gets a salvage title. ur best bet would be to get it on a lift at a auto body place and have them look over it. u could run a carfax but not sure if that will help
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Man thanks for the quick feed back you guys are awsome . About the carfax I was going to run one but the seller told me not to bother that he had one and that I could see it when I saw the car, and told me that I could run one myself if I wanted too but that it would come up salvage.
        Beau

Comment

If the seller says he has one you can see,that's fine but make sure its up to date and not a year old. Sometimes it takes a while for the reports to be updated. Also one thing you can do is ask to test drive it and if he lets you go by yourself swing it by a shop like previously said, but you could also eat the little bit of cash to make sure it will pass a state inspection, since it will need one anyways.
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
          Traded in: 1998 Z28
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Alright I'm not sure on this but I don't think it will need to have a state inspection being it was sold to the current owner with a salvage title. If I'm incorrect feel free to let me know and thanks for the feed back and any other advice anyone else still has to give is more than welcome.
            Beau

Comment

Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
              Alright I'm not sure on this but I don't think it will need to have a state inspection being it was sold to the current owner with a salvage title. If I'm incorrect feel free to let me know and thanks for the feed back and any other advice anyone else still has to give is more than welcome.
              If sold as salvage it will probably have to go through a recertification inspection, so that they can clear the salvage title. Then forever the car will show up as Repaired salvage, on the registration.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
              Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
              6.2L/382.97 ci
              Custom PROM Dyno tuned
              WCT-5 speed
              BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
              Boss MS 18" Rims
              Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
              Custom Dual exhaust
              1LE upgrade
              Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
              In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Thanks to all for the input. I just got back from looking at the car. Man what a piece, the door gaps didn't even line up right. I had to talk my friend out of buying it. Whoever rebilt the thing didn't even use the same screws to hold down the interior pieces. Thanks to everyone tho for the help
                Beau

Comment

I dont know what state your in but every state has different laws. In some state you can bring an out of state salvage title or reconstruct and it will come back as a clean title. Just something to think about but it will always or should always show up on the car fax for being a theft recovery.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                  2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Working...
                  X