nfb hard decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb hard decision

I've been saving up money for a while and im not quite sure what to do with it. I only have enough for one thing and thier are many things id like to waste/spend it on. I'm trying to decide on adding more boltons to my 96, getting a 3rd gen, getting another dirtbike, or getting a streetbike. Its like a clash of my two hobbies. I'd love to have another dirtbike, ive out grown mine a bit. They are loads of fun but not street legal. A road bike on the other hand is street legal but you cant jump it or roost your friends and the insurance is sky high. Im not sure if adding more stuff to my car would make me very happy either. I also dont know if a 3rd gen would be the best option.
    The one good thing is 2 f-bodies are better than 1. Just sorta help me with ur opinions.

I too have other expensive hobbies...playing 4 musical instruments, riding dirtbikes, atv's, all that good stuff. The way I've been looking at it lately is that I have adequate musical instruments/accessories. I also have a dirtbike and a 4 wheeler that I can use. I also say to myself that I want another F-body, but couldn't afford extra insurance right now as well as extra restoration $$$....meaning that my extra $$$ usually goes in to the ride. I want my car to be so much more than it is now, thus the reason why she gets all the $$$. It's also what's making me happiest right now with regards to my purchases.

Buy something that will make you the happiest, but I suggest not something that draws you further in to debt or will continually suck money out of you for years to come.

If it were me though....it probably would go in to the Z
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Me.....I think I would either get the street bike, or just keep saving the money. Ya never know when you might need it. There have been lots of times I have had a sizeable amount of money, and spent it on something I want, only to need the money pretty bad further down the road. It's a tough decision. Just go with what makes you happiest. Ya know what tends to make people really happy? The joy of giving. See, if you were to say...donate that money to...oh...I dunno....ME, you would get that warm and fuzzy feeling that only giving can create. So just think it over.....I'll e-mail you my paypal info when you make the right decision......

JK....I say, go blow it on a Yamaha R6.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

GSX1000, seen the guy do a wheelie just punching it in 4th gear and he was doing well over 140 when he wheelied
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I'm with 95TransAm on this. If you're gonna blow it, blow it on the car. The 3rd Gen is gonna be another car to throw money at. Just my thoughts.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Now the its worse. I'm thinking of another car, a fiero. I've heard alot of talk about how fun of a car they are and I seen a photo of one with an lt4 .
            My dad and I happen to have an abundance of small blocks around the garage so I could dream. Who knows I may love the 4 banger cause my truck get 10 mpg and my car gets 15(lead foot). I found one for super cheap, but it has a bad engine thats right up my alley if im going to swap. I'm sure that i could get some good advice on here from joe and anyone else who owns one. So just give me some replies.

Comment

Originally posted by 96z28
              Now the its worse. I'm thinking of another car, a fiero. I've heard alot of talk about how fun of a car they are and I seen a photo of one with an lt4 .
              My dad and I happen to have an abundance of small blocks around the garage so I could dream. Who knows I may love the 4 banger cause my truck get 10 mpg and my car gets 15(lead foot). I found one for super cheap, but it has a bad engine thats right up my alley if im going to swap. I'm sure that i could get some good advice on here from joe and anyone else who owns one. So just give me some replies.
              From what I've heard, you better enjoy wrenching alot and need to be pretty imaginative to make a sbc fit in that fiero. I believe a post recently was describing how since the motor goes in sideways, that forced the tranny to have to be mounted upside down or something crazy like that.

Good luck with your decision
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
              X