• "no frame damage" LOL

Check out his wreck for sale.. . Owner claims "no frame damage"

Who is he kidding?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...544217889&rd=1
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Well it might not actually have any frame rail or frame horn damage, but still took a good lick to the unibody nevertheless.

Comment

yeh even if there is no frame damage, im sure the body is all twisted up.
      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I consider the "frame" on our f-bodies to include the unibody. Our cars dont really have conventional frames, per say.

Like the frame member the runs along the top edge of the fender. I always thought that was part of the frame on our cars. You can see in the pictures it is completely toasted. The front wheel is pushed way back, the k-member has to be shot also.

With the unibody mushed around like it is and the wheel pushed back there is no way the the major frame horn is not moved an inch. All the metal is welded together, if you smash some of it in, it's all going to move around a bit. I'm sure the frame horn is not "strait".

There is no way that car will get fixed as the seller says it should be. What I see in that auction is a parts car. When a seller says "no frame damage" I assume a car that is damaged mostly cosmetically, and prefectly drivable in most cases. This car is a far from that!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I agree. That's a parts car.

Hans
          The Larry Shinoda Collection: '65 Corvair Monza 140, '69 L-68 Corvette, '70 BOSS 302

In progress: '88 GTA, '62 409 Impala, '72 RX-3

Comment

I agree with TraceZ on the whole unibody concept as well. To me that would appear as frame damage, and could almost guarantee a frame straightener would be used at a body shop. None the less, that car will never be the exact same like it once was, definitely a parts car....such a shame
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
            X