Best placement of line lock switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best placement of line lock switch

I'm getting a SLP Line lock installed. Where is a good place to put the line lock switch at?
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

They make and sell shifter balls with line lock buttons built into them
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Install it on a small pannel and put it in the spot where the ashtray goes. Easy use and easily hid.
      1995 Blue T-Top 3.8L Auto Firebird
      1991 Blue T-Top 5.0L TBI Auto Camaro RS

Comment

Check out this one here
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I've tried a couple locations, and decided I didn't like the pushbutton on the shifter lever. First, I already had a button on the shifter handle for the 2nd stage of nitrous, so I used the pushbutton on the rubber band that Hurst supplies with their line lock kit, on the T56 shift lever. It was a Hurst Comp+ shifter, with Lou's Short Stick, and the button for the line lock ended up too far down in the boot. Then went to a Pro 5.0 shifter with a longer stick, but the button would move around when shifting into 2nd during the burnout, and it was too hard to control.

Then I went to the TH400 with the B&M Pro-Ratchet shifter, and still the bubber band on the Hurst line lock button was not strong enough to hold the button steady when banging the ratchet for 2nd gear.

Finally I just moved the line lock to a rocker switch on the front of the console (red rocker button on the left in the picture). That way, you just hit the brake pedal, push down on the rocker switch, do your burnout using 1st and 2nd gear, then push the rocker switch off and roll out of the burnout. Definitely easier to control. I use the button on my shifter handle to engage the Gear Vendor O/D at the end of the track.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X