who said the c clips cant fall out ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who said the c clips cant fall out ?

i just picked my car up after having my new eton diff fitted and some other work done while i was a way on vacation in fla (more of that later) and my mechanic budy that done the work showed me the old diff. opps when he removed the rear calipers some body walked into the car while it was on the lift and the axle shaft fell out. when he removed the rear cover he found that the old carrier was that worne that the c clips had fell out one was laying in the axle housing the other one had gone thru the sun gears and was deposited around the axle in very small parts. so a word of warning the carrier can and does wear out enough to let the c clips fall out
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

wow
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

No one ever said that c-clips don't fall out. They can also wear funny grooves in the axle & diff too, and one side of the clip has a rough sharp edge. If a guy works on a diff and puts them back in the opposite way they came out, it can cause a lot of wear. It's also why the performance rear ends don't use c-clips - they usually put big bearings on the axles and they are held in at the ends of the axle tubes by retainers. C-clips are a weak design.

Comment

Working...
      X