Paging Joe...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Joe...

I remember recently you were talking about your suspension and I remember you saying that you had airbags in the back springs. How exactly does that work and who makes them? How far does it lower the car? Having used them and tested them would you reccomend this setup?

Thanks for any input
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

www.airliftcompany.com

I've used these for years, Fred has too. most use them to preload the suspension for better drag strip launch, I also use them to allow me to carry extra passengers or cargo on a lowered vehicle without bottoming out or scraping. They work great. They have all kinds of gadgets and suspension kits..... browse though the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320

www.airliftcompany.com

I've used these for years, Fred has too. most use them to preload the suspension for better drag strip launch, I also use them to allow me to carry extra passengers or cargo on a lowered vehicle without bottoming out or scraping. They work great. They have all kinds of gadgets and suspension kits..... browse though the site.
      i thought you used them to hold your stomach up off your belt buckle................

hee heeeee

luvUman

happy thoisday

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Wow that was very interesting to read about Joe. It never says in there though whether or not it needs a compressor which I am sure it does. Did you take any install pics with your car? Also how many inches of play do you get to work with in ride height?
        1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

link no worky
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
            link no worky

Works fine for me.....

Anyway, the only time you need a compressor is if you intend to make adjustments while you are driving. I've always just used a regular air supply like from my garage compresser. I don't mess with them unless I decide to take a trip to the strip, then I preload the right rear with additional air. When I'm done at the strip, I release the additional air from the right rear to match the left for regular driving. It's basically a set it and forget it. The kit comes with air lines and schrader valves that you can mount in the location of your choice. The full air suspensions would be more of a candidate for an onboard compressor so that you can alter ride height on the fly.

As far as how much to play with ride height, your springs will determine how much of a drop you get, the airbags can raise that height by maybe and inch and a half at max pressure. In my case, I use Intrax 2" drop springs and if I pump up the airbags to the max, it probably turns it into only a 1/2 to 1" drop. This weekend I will take a few pics of the variation in ride height and such to give you guys a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              As far as how much to play with ride height, your springs will determine how much of a drop you get, the airbags can raise that height by maybe and inch and a half at max pressure. In my case, I use Intrax 2" drop springs and if I pump up the airbags to the max, it probably turns it into only a 1/2 to 1" drop. This weekend I will take a few pics of the variation in ride height and such to give you guys a better idea.
              Sweeeet. Wow now that I know that they don't require an onboard compressor I may add this to my "Want List"
              1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
              X