Terrible service from GMPartsDirect.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible service from GMPartsDirect.com

I recently followed some advice from a member concerning discounted GM parts. GMPartsDirect.com

After ordering my part (at a considerably cheaper cost) the 7-10 days went by, and by, and by. That was April 4, still no part.

I e-mailed them numerous times with no avail until improper language was used.

I wrote it doesnt' take 3weeks to deliver anything anywhere, not even afganistan! The reason I know is I work and own a freight business at a major airport.

I told them to overnight my part or I will let all my friends at this site know how I was treated, so I am.

Although the parts are cheaper, to be blown off like this is unexceptable. I would rather get in my Z and drive to the GM dealership service department and get raped, and have my part in my hand when I paid for it!

I have learned there is a time and place for them. If you need something quickly, don't use them. If it something you can wait on for a few weeks, that's fine. I've used them a lot and had no problems. Yea it takes 2-3 weeks but if it's not time critical, I deal with it.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I normally use Dal (or Jason), but I have used GMPD on a couple occasions for small things that shipping was not the normal rip off. I have heard that their customer service is pretty much non-existant. They alude to that fact themselves by saying they have no phone support to "hold down costs". Thankfully, they are not the only game in town.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

It depends on what you get from them. I ordered the 1LE driveshaft , Lt4 knock mod and recieved the parts in 6 days which isn't too bad. Now when I tried to order the upper dash panel. It took three months. Finally I gave up and used ebay. But It was not their fault that part was on back order from GM forever. They(GMPD) should have let me know this instead of making me wait.
        96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

I ordered a rocker arm from them once and I had it two days later. The next week I ordered head gaskets and an intake gasket that took over 2 weeks to get to me because it sat in a dealership in NC (thats what the tracking said atleast) I try to go with Sam Taylor anymore they have much better customer assistance, cheaper shipping, and much better customer service.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Took 3 weeks for my MAF burnoff relay (got it yesterday)
            1989 TA
            Flowmaster exhaust
            Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
            K&N CAI
            Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
              I normally use Dal (or Jason), .
              Bingo.

Comment