Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried or heard the new SLP muffler?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried or heard the new SLP muffler?

Has anyone heard or tried the new loudmouth II modular race muffler yet or possibly have it on their f-body? I have had my eye on em since i heard they cut down on LM's notorious raspiness and was thinking of ordering one this coming payday but haven't had a chance to hear em yet
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Go to www.ls1sounds.com and listen to Borlamouth and Dynomouth. Those are pretty close to the same thing, so those should give you a very good idea of how the LM2 will sound. Post a sound clip if you get it, I'd be interested in hearing it
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Well unless when i do my SLP flywheel this weekend I come across any problems that will require me to spend $ I will be ordering a SLP Loudmouth II Modular exhaust system next friday

Sigh*... One mod simply leads to another
      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
        Well unless when i do my SLP flywheel this weekend I come across any problems that will require me to spend $ I will be ordering a SLP Loudmouth II Modular exhaust system next friday

Sigh*... One mod simply leads to another
        Hi, my name is Steve, and I'm a mod-aholic. Its been 3 months since my last mod, but its getting harder and harder to fight the urge. I haven't sold any body parts...yet...but I feel the urge to mod every morning when I wake up and every night when I go to sleep. I've tried living the dry life...but that was too boring lol

Very sweet man, can't wait to hear it. I think you'll like it, esp. when you hit WOT for the first time
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
          Very sweet man, can't wait to hear it. I think you'll like it, esp. when you hit WOT for the first time

I don't know which will be better... the first WOT or grumble when she kicks over the first time

...prolly the first WOT
          1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

I don't know which will be better... the first WOT or grumble when she kicks over the first time

...prolly the first WOT
            The first WOT will be a jaw-dropper lol

But, that first kick-over will confirm in your head that you picked the right kit. That sound is just awesome
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
              The first WOT will be a jaw-dropper lol

But, that first kick-over will confirm in your head that you picked the right kit. That sound is just awesome
              The best part about it is that I have never heard a LM in person before so it will definately be a shocker for me! I can't wait to have an exhaust that can be heard and felt
              1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

The best part about it is that I have never heard a LM in person before so it will definately be a shocker for me! I can't wait to have an exhaust that can be heard and felt
                Its definitely a good feeling . I had the guys at my exhaust shop say it sounds like a 60's machine after they welded it up for me. Its not quite that good, but pretty friggen close IMHO...and it is humble too lol
                Steve

Comment

I know your feeling about not being able to wait to hear it fire the first time - I am doing a cam swap, removing the cats, and adding long tubes this weekend I can't wait!
                  Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                    I know your feeling about not being able to wait to hear it fire the first time - I am doing a cam swap, removing the cats, and adding long tubes this weekend I can't wait!
                    Mmmmm.... Cammm.....

1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
                    X