You diagnose the problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You diagnose the problem

Ok So in my Camaro i have the pattented 383 stroker (see my sig for all add ons) Well here is my problem(s).

1) It has a very crappy mis-fire
    2) Once in every 20 times starting the motor (hot or cold) it doesnt want to start, it turns and turns and turns and turns and finally BOOM starts!
    3) Lack of power
    4) The passenger side exhaust manifold gasket is very wierd. I replaced it (the rear top corner was obliterated and gone) with a new set and a week later it was bad again! All bolts were tightened correctly, done by a pro and all!

What I have replaced so far and seen no improvement:
    1) cap and rotor
    2) plugs and wires
    3) exhaust manifold gasket
    4) did the timing

My buddy seems to think my pistons could be fried... I have no idea, I figured I would come to the pro's. Can anybody help me out?

AIM: nosfastlane86 (if ud rather im me)

Mike "Shocker" Kolb
    "Keep your Wheels a spinnin and the beavers a grinnin!"

My G Ride:
    1985 Chevy Camaro
    383 Stroker
    Edelbrock Performer Carb, Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads, Speedpro 4000 series Cam, KB pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Rollertip Rocker Arms, Holley Fuel Pump, Headers (w/ y-pipe), Torker II Manifold, Comp Magnum Roller Rockers, 4:11 Posi Rear, 700R4 Trans with reverse manual valve body w/ B&M Mega Shifter, & NOS
    My car @ Cardomain

coil?

check the timming regularly? chain jump?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
      coil?

check the timming regularly? chain jump?
      Wolfman, Thanks for the advice. Would the coil give me that constant misfire? and this may sound stupid, but whats a chain jump? Do you think the pistons could possibly be it? Thanks again
      "Keep your Wheels a spinnin and the beavers a grinnin!"

My G Ride:
      1985 Chevy Camaro
      383 Stroker
      Edelbrock Performer Carb, Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads, Speedpro 4000 series Cam, KB pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Rollertip Rocker Arms, Holley Fuel Pump, Headers (w/ y-pipe), Torker II Manifold, Comp Magnum Roller Rockers, 4:11 Posi Rear, 700R4 Trans with reverse manual valve body w/ B&M Mega Shifter, & NOS
      My car @ Cardomain

Comment

Working...
      X