Not making any sense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not making any sense

Ight .. Now agian . More trouble . When will it end. First .. I got a 4l60e trans out of a 93 trans am . Now we brought it back and drained all the fluids and cleaned it up. Put it in my 94 z 28. Put the recommened fluid in and filter. Bolted up everything . Now i went to drive it this morning . It went from 1st to 2nd ight . Then when it hit 3rd around 2,000 rpms it jumped to 4,100 rpms . Why would that be and then it wouldn't shift so that the rpms would drop to regular ... What could be causing it . I used this stuff to clean out dirt and all. Changed fluid and filter . It still does it. What would someone recommed that i do ... .

I don't think the 93 transmissions are interchangeable with the 94 up ones. I've heard that before, but cannot confirm it. However, if it's true, then your 94 computer is not seeing the correct information from the 93 tranny so it's messing up.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

A 1993 is a 4L60 with no E (it is not electonically controlled). It relies on a cable from the throttle lever to control shifting.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

If it did indeed come out of a 1993, it was not the factory original. Like Rob mentioned, 1993's were not electronically shifted and used a cable.

It is possible that it is actually a 4L60E out of a 1995-1997. I would think this would be the case because if not you would have likely noticed there was no place to plug in the harness terminal plug on the passenger side of the trans.

This will likely cause problem since there were a few differences in the way the PCM controls the torque converter. In 1995, Pulse Width Modulation(PWM) was also introduced as an advanced TCC lockup control. You can verify whether or not it is a 1995 up by looking to see that the trans has the letters "PWM" cast into the front pump cover.

Did you reuse your old TC or did you receive one with this other trans?

Comment

as far as i know the 93 trans you have is a th700r4 and as mentioned this is controled by the tv cable witch does the same job as the vacume canister does on older boxeie throttle position and load. if you can go back to were you got the trans from and get all the linkages of off the 93 cars throttle butterfly inc the cables and retro fit them to your car
          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
          mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Isn't the PCM going to be clogged with trouble codes when it can't find the electronic interface to the 4L60E?
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
              Isn't the PCM going to be clogged with trouble codes when it can't find the electronic interface to the 4L60E?
              Yep. lots of them.

Comment

3 of them.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

He could have the PCM reset ro discontinue the transmission outputs/inputs.....have it reprogrammed as you would a manual trans conversion.....

As kevin said, its doubtful he could have the tranny installed and ignore the giant green connector that goes in the tranny......I think he may have issues with the PCM flipping out due to the improper TCC controls.....I guess we really need to know if this is truly an "E" tranny, and if so, what year is it. If its really a 93.....that may have been a bad move to install that tranny.
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

[QUOTE=fastTA] You can verify whether or not it is a 1995 up by looking to see that the trans has the letters "PWM" cast into the front pump cover.
                    [QUOTE]

Cool! ......learn something new everyday!
                    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Trans here you go

Hey will the trans out of the trans am .. The car was a 93 . But yet it has the E plug on the passenger side . Also the speed sensor . Nothing about the trans looked diffrent from the one i pulled out of my car .The thing is , I think that on the trans am it has a button that says shift performance . What is that for ? OVER DRIVE ? Don't know . But my car is acting like it is not going into overdrive ? It's not a 700r4 tranny . Because it has not lines for the vaccum. Can it be that the pump is not getting enough pressure ? Don't know . I have talked to alot of ppl and they said it can be the pump or the E plug or the whatever,,,, By the way I am useing my TC off of my camaro not the trans am one ? Can that make a diffrence ? This is really buggin me out . Spending all this time on the car and not getting crap out of it ... Let me know what you think

Comment

Working...
                      X