• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for PA members.

this could suck
    http://www.nastyz28.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/032855.html
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Better ban them on motorcycles too. The loudest vehicles I hear on the road are Harley Davidsons.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Honestly who is really going to benefit from passing that law? It will negatively effect a lot more people than it'll do good for, that's for sure.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Well i am glad i dont live in PA. According to the article i have 1 fart can and 3 throaty v8's. All flow masters on the v8's. I like the noise, people know i am coming that way, just think of all the lives i save by being loud.
        95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

All I know is that if I lived in PA, some people would be receiving some pretty nasty phone calls, emails, faxes, etc... if that law passed.

I'd probably get so p*ssed, that I would probably do burnouts all over Harrisburg with open exhaust
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

So if this law passes, who is going to pay for all these aftermarket exhausts to be replaced with stock ones? Will they suspend your registration until you remove the exhaust? Will people with existing exhausts be grandfathered in?

What about street rods? Do I have to have a factory exhaust on my 32 ford? Is there a year cutoff? If not, why not? Shouldnt a loud exhaust on a 32 ford be just as offensive as one on a new car? How about motorcycles? No motorcycles should have anything other than factory exhausts as well.

I know, lets just put a complete ban on performance cars. Lets just ban anything that makes over 10 decibels at WOT.

Lets ban cars with flashy paint jobs too. Those cars could distract other motorists and cause accidents.

Lets ban any car that can go faster than 85 MPH. There is afterall no legal reason for a street driven car to go faster than 85 mph. There should also be a legal limit on how fast you can accellerate. Under WOT, no car should accellerate to 60 in less than 8 seconds.

Lets ban aftermarket audio equipment. All cars should be equipped with factory radios not capable of injuring anyones hearing.

It should be illegal for anyone that is not ASE certified to fix their own car, too. Afterall, if you are not certified in the work you may install something incorrectly and it could potentially cause someone's death if it were to fail due to your error.

Sinse we the government know what is best for everyone we need to protect everyone from themselves and need to make these rules. Afterall, we cannot trust anyone to make decisions for themselves. They will make the wrong decisions.

In fact, the government now sees it to be necessary that they design a single vehicle that will be the standard car in America. Everyone will purchase the same car in the same color and nobody will modify it. It will be repaired only by fully certified technicians at government approved repair facilities. It will be silent, fuel efficient and computer regulated to not exceed any legal limits for speed or acceleration.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Considering . . .

. . . all the potholes, ruts, breaks and expansion joints on Pennsylvania roads, who can hear your exhaust when your car is being shaken to pieces?
              R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                Better ban them on motorcycles too. The loudest vehicles I hear on the road are Harley Davidsons.
                Not when I'm around
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  OMG I am glad someone said it before me. My father has a road king and that thing is so loud it is obnoxious. I'm sorry if offend any Harley fans but I cannot stand the sound those things make when they put the aftermarket exhaust on them and insist on revving the engine every 5 seconds in traffic.
                  1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by Roger in Kensington
                    . . . all the potholes, ruts, breaks and expansion joints on Pennsylvania roads, who can hear your exhaust when your car is being shaken to pieces?
                    I hear you on that one
                    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                    X