Spark Plug Gap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Gap

I know this is a stupid question, but what is the spark plug gap for a 95 Trans Am LT1. The Chilton manuel says .035, surly that cant be right. I have a low end bog and the last people to change the plugs had them gaped at .070 The plug wires are really cheesy so i am replacing them too. My engine is pretty much stock other then the bolt ons in my profile. Thanks guys for the help.
    95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

I think stock is .050, you run .035 for nitrous motors (like I have). All the auto parts stores have the correct gap in their computers when you buy the plugs.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

The gap should be .050"

Comment

You know, that is the second time that the Chilton Manuel has been wrong, its not looking good for the home team i guess. Thanks guys for the help, I knew it didnt look right.
        95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Plug gap is listed in the owner's manual and on the sticker on the radiator cover.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X