Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB Ricer flyby

Seriously, why?

I had one on the way to work this morning. A rice and the furious looking Eclipse with a Folger's Crystals coffee can for exhaust.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

No clue man, I wonder the same thing. I like when I beat them by 20 cars, then a minute later they fly by. I always get a good laugh. Makes them feel better I guess, being in front.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

MAn I give the thumbs up if i lose. Man last night, i was coming back from a party and this big f-series banks performance Ford kept reving it, whining up his turbo and all. Keep in mind that i knew the area pretty good so if i was going to play i knew it would be okay. So i kept ignoring it until we end up at a light. I would rather do a rolling start but my G/F just said, "shut him up." So as the other light turns yellow i here him stage, (Im pretty sure it was stick, and VERY loud) so i stage and drop the clutch. Dead even through the intersection, til i shift and get some traction and as i do he shifts and all i hear and the rediculous loud whine of that turbo, yet was not enough to beat my bucket. I take him by around 5 cars coming into 3rd so i back off, flash my haz. and what do i see, and black smoke blowning truck fly by me at WOT. Sad to see thats from a domestic, but then again it was a Ford.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

import and euro are fun to drive cheap. but in the end the are still glorified golf carts that can barly got faster than 13 and still be street legal. which is and improvement fromthe stock 15 sec 1/4!

Comment

course the trucks cant be built to smoke vettes and give vipers run for their money hows 500hp and 900bls and deisel sound in a 5500# truck 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by wildman82
            import and euro are fun to drive cheap. but in the end the are still glorified golf carts that can barly got faster than 13 and still be street legal. which is and improvement fromthe stock 15 sec 1/4!
            Most fartcan civics are running 17's, 18's, 19's. It's actually really pathetic to see them running down a race track. To say stock they run 15 is a big overstatement.

And a turbo civic is most streetable, but it's just a LOT of money. Not even worth it really. After you nitride harden the crank or get a forged one, and get all forged internals, upgrade fuel system and ecu, then the turbo kit itself... You've spent enough money to make a 9 second f-body, and all you have is a 12-13 second civic. Just my 5.7 cents
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Most fartcan civics are running 17's, 18's, 19's. It's actually really pathetic to see them running down a race track. To say stock they run 15 is a big overstatement.

And a turbo civic is most streetable, but it's just a LOT of money. Not even worth it really. After you nitride harden the crank or get a forged one, and get all forged internals, upgrade fuel system and ecu, then the turbo kit itself... You've spent enough money to make a 9 second f-body, and all you have is a 12-13 second civic. Just my 5.7 cents

Well put.

"Just my 5.7 cents" <-----nice!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
              Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                MAn I give the thumbs up if i lose. Man last night, i was coming back from a party and this big f-series banks performance Ford kept reving it, whining up his turbo and all. Keep in mind that i knew the area pretty good so if i was going to play i knew it would be okay. So i kept ignoring it until we end up at a light. I would rather do a rolling start but my G/F just said, "shut him up." So as the other light turns yellow i here him stage, (Im pretty sure it was stick, and VERY loud) so i stage and drop the clutch. Dead even through the intersection, til i shift and get some traction and as i do he shifts and all i hear and the rediculous loud whine of that turbo, yet was not enough to beat my bucket. I take him by around 5 cars coming into 3rd so i back off, flash my haz. and what do i see, and black smoke blowning truck fly by me at WOT. Sad to see thats from a domestic, but then again it was a Ford.
                For some reason, a lot of guys do fly-bys when they lose - not just ricers. I had a mid-60s Vette with a big block hood along side me revving at me on the interstate and he was obnoxious, so finally we did a roll on both nailing it at the same time, and it was even for a little while, but I pulled on him as he was running out of gear, and I instantly braked back down to traffic speed. Instead of an acknowledgement from the Vette, he speeds by then starts weaving in and out of the traffic to get ahead. What a dope I thought - no better manners than a kid in a Civic, from beginning to end.

Comment

your right bout the civic i was talking more along the line of supras, eclipse awd(GSX), rx-8,7, 350z, wrx(STI)'s the sti runs mid 13's everything else is low-mid 14's. but then we are out of the 13-20k new range of a civic. course i rather have a 9 sec f-body than a import for my fast car. it would be nice to get the hp:ci they get in an 2L engine in my 383. course a 9sec f-body is more street legal than a 11 sec civic

Comment

your right bout the civic i was talking more along the line of supras, eclipse awd(GSX), rx-8,7, 350z, wrx(STI)'s the sti runs mid 13's everything else is low-mid 14's. but then we are out of the 13-20k new range of a civic. course i rather have a 9 sec f-body than a import for my fast car. it would be nice to get the hp:ci they get in an 2L engine in my 383. course a 9sec f-body is more street legal than a 11 sec civic
                    There arent too many 9 second street cars rolling around like in the fast and the furious fairytale. In fact, Im gonna go out on a limb and say theres technically no such thing due to the fact that you need slicks to run 9 second quarters.....and slicks arent exactly street legal. If you have enough power to run nines, and just becasue you drive it on the street, doesnt make it a 9 second street car!......chances are, youre on the cover of GM High Tech MAgazine too!

Now, im not a honda fan, but there are quite a few guys running around in 11 second hondas.....youre right guys, it takes a load of cash to do it, but theyre out there. Usually, these car have very nice street manners, because they are turbo charged, (and obviously fuel injected). THe electronics in these cars allows them to run real tame on the street, then crank it up with the turn of a knob or flip of the switch. I had a student last year, who is a real bright kid, built a turbo civic (which looked bone-stock ), and it ran real traction limited low 12's at over 115mph. He took me for a ride in it and I couldnt believe it......he is the only student I have had that would have given my bird a run AND IT WAS A CIVIC!

But youre right about the fly-bys in the 18 second civics.....most of these kids have NO CLUE what a fast car is about. I find that most of them are not content to run a quick rolling start to 60 mph......It becomes a game of "who man enough" (Really, who's dumb enough) to take there car to top speed. Seriously, street racing is different than it was even 5-10 years ago. These kids that watched the fast and the furious when they were 13 or 14 are on the road now in their hondas and think that street raing is about going 120.....

I had a kid come into class the other day with a check engine light, so we hooked up the scanner.....one of the codes was "speed limiter reached". I asked him...."you been driving a little fast?". He said, "no, why?". I almost smacked him in the head. I would not have even thought about topping my car out at that age, or any age.....how stupid can you be?....anyways.....end rant.
                    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                      ... I would not have even thought about topping my car out at that age, or any age.....how stupid can you be?....anyways.....end rant.
                      I wonder about some of the things that we did in high school. My friend Jerry had a early 60s thunderbird with a big engine and we went 138 in that once, and another time we went 120 in the rain. My other friend, Steve, had a Opel cadet and it had a 55 cu in engine and a cardboard interior. It was so light that 4 of us could rock it out of a snow drift without even getting out of the car. We used to jump it over this one bridge where we could get it airborne. We were usually high at the time and we were laughing so hard with our heads pinned against the roof of that thing for it to land and bottom out. Once the generator fell off it as we were driving and at that time we didn't really know what it was, so we just laid it on top of the engine and drove around all day like that. Later we drove it home and showed it to his dad. The guy that drove the Opel was crazy. He would play 'hogs' of the road sometimes and that's where he would get out the driver's side window & halfway on the hood of the car while I would work the gas and steer from the passenger seat. We would then let the car drift over the center line as the oncoming traffic approached then pull back in our lane at the last minute. Sick by today's standards. Yeah, we were kids once, too & more nuts than most.

Comment

there are plenty of ways to have a "streetable" 9 sec rwd car, DOT slicks, e-lockers second set of tires but i wouldnt think about running it all out on the street. that drop top bird Ronnie Duke's 8.52sec on the may 04 cover would look almost stock cept the rim if it rolled up on you at a light, till u saw the slicks and wheelie bars in the back and noticed the roll cage. im sure he drives it on the street every now and then, but they really dont belong on the street. they told my friend that is was impossible to run 9's on a 8" tire he run a 98 stang 302 with dual 500hp starwar shot is preaty streetable it hates to turn runs on 93 all the time. it is easier to build a trailer queen than a streetable 9 sec. if i personlly build one it would be booth with working a/c granted thats a lot of $$$. i agree and the same systems can be and are aplied to the v8 cars
                        as for slicks depending on how good the indivual is i have seen 9 sec on DOT slicks it is just easier to go striaght to slicks

as for stupid/ignorant stunts when i was younger i have done my share. now i have learned to pull them in more controled areas. ie chasing deer in a 87 celeberty in a plowed field drunk no the less, was it smart no, was it fun at the time yes will i do it again in the near future most likely not. and i did top the car out at about 130mph only would do it when it was dark go figure.

Comment

there are plenty of ways to have a "streetable" 9 sec rwd car, DOT slicks, e-lockers second set of tires but i wouldnt think about running it all out on the street. that drop top bird Ronnie Duke's 8.52sec on the may 04 cover would look almost stock cept the rim if it rolled up on you at a light, till u saw the slicks and wheelie bars in the back and noticed the roll cage. im sure he drives it on the street every now and then, but they really dont belong on the street. they told my friend that is was impossible to run 9's on a 8" tire he run a 98 stang 302 with dual 500hp starwar shot is preaty streetable it hates to turn runs on 93 all the time. it is easier to build a trailer queen than a streetable 9 sec. if i personlly build one it would be booth with working a/c granted thats a lot of $$$. i agree and the same systems can be and are aplied to the v8 cars
                          as for slicks depending on how good the indivual is i have seen 9 sec on DOT slicks it is just easier to go striaght to slicks
                          I guess our definitions of "street car" are a little different. You "could" drive a nitro-funny car on the street for a little while until it overheated after a minute or two, but I wouldnt call it a street car. You "could" drive a 9 second car on the street too.....

When I talk about a street car, im talking about hopping in the car and actually driving it....anywhere. I can drive my car to Florida if I wanted, 80 mph, A/C blasting, and still get good fuel mileage; or in rush hour traffic...stop and go. Thats a street car.......but even in my car, I get pulled over because it has an aftermarket exhaust (technically, not legal here in NY). So, I guess it all in where you draw the line. Personally, I think some of these street car classes are a bit too leniant in what they call a street car.
                          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

It's horrible....I get it all the time even when I'm driving normal. It always cracks me up when I'm driving with a lighter foot, car shifting out at 2800-3200, and I see some dumb @ss civic with "Type R" Badging everywhere with some dumb @ss kid with an upside down backwards visor on bang shifting his POS just to take me by a nose.

Hey, at least they aren't driving F-bods, then I'd be gettin' a 'lil more p*ssed.
                            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

isnt that:

"ricer slug-by"....... i dont think "fly by" fits........ LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X