What to do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do ?

What should I do ..... IT WOULD HELP ME GREATLY IF YOU CAN HELP My camaro's trans ? I have been on this site and got alot of opions . But yet . It still doesn't work ... Here is the problem . Agian . When i go down the road and the trans fluid heats up the car wont move in gear . When it is cold it is fine ? What could cause that . What about the E plug on the side . What if one little wire was not hooked in right would that cause all this ?
    I really need some help on this . I think I might just sell it and find me a t/a or ss . You know i don't have alot of money to be trhowing down on this car right now ... What about the overdirve soleniod or any solenoid on the bottom of the trans ? What to do

It would help if you had a sig and listed details about your car. What year is it?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I've read several of your threads. One thing that has consistantly been left out.......

Was it verified that the trans that you put in was in perfect working order before the install? Did you verify this yourself or did someone else say "it works fine"? So far I've read several different descriptions in several of your threads and nothing seems consistant.

In this thread it says you found one for $75......
      http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11132

In this thread nothing is mentioned about working fine when cold, you state it misbehaves right from the start......
      http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11154

This is a perfect case of why an original trans being professionally redone is usually the best option. To me, it sounds like the trans is junk and needs a rebuild. It's likely it needs new solenoids and maybe clutches/bands.

Comment

okay

Joe you do sound right . There have been issues with this . now this tranny was out of a trans am .. One getlemen told me that it was brought in as a flood car when we had floods here in maryland .That gentelmen does not work there he comes there . That is the only thing i heard about it working right . Or not working at all.

Second thing is. I put the trans in and fluid ... Not enough My mistake. Drove it and after it went to 3rd gear and when it was supposed to go into overdrive it just reved up. Now lately when it gets warm there are no gears like no pressure builds up inside .I have no clue what else to do. I check the trans fluid . Seems fine now. But still no gears when it gets warm..

Thrid thing is that it did not look damaged inside the pan or anything no signs of rust or damage .... I did buy it for 75 dollars from a junkyard you have to pull parts u'r self ....

So what is you'r suggestion now .... I can't afford a rebuilt one or anything like that right now . I HAVE to work with what I HAVE ..... Should I replace a soleniod or what .If so which one and where at is it located ?

Comment

Car is a 94 z 28 camaro 5.7 liter . Lt1 . It had a 4l60e in it and i changed it out with one out of a trans am 94 . What other specs you want or anything. I really need to get thsi done .... Would changeing the value body help any ?

Comment

If there are no trouble codes related to the trans, you could have several problems. The pump could be faulty, the bands and clutches could be shot. Solenoid malfunction would throw a code. Here is a list of OBD1 transmission codes with symptoms listed.

http://shbox.com/1/Dtcs.htm

It's about all I can give you without having hands on and some specialty equipment for diagnostic purposes.

Comment

ummmm

Okay . I don't think it is throwing codes .How would i tell though . The serivce engine soon light and security light is on .Those are the only to that are on. Sercurity one is always on the the service engine light comes on every know and then .... I have been told by another modifer off of automotivesfourms.com dancingmonkeylt1 that i should change my valve body.

ONE big question for you . How hard would it be to change the pump my self ? What about the overdrive soleniod . Where could i find diagrams or pictures on how to change or where they are located . Because the haynes maunal that i have does not desricbe it in detail ... Like i rather have it ... I surely apprecaite you'r help man alot ... thanks .....

Comment

Working...
              X