MAF Descreening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF Descreening

gonna descreen my MAF...but one question, I saw some debris (shouldn't be there). Any problems with you guys removing your MAF screen...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Most of the Gurus on this board advise against doing it. If you insist on doing it, make sure you can put it back in if the results aren't what you expect.

PS: The previous owner did it on my car, "your results may vary".

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

FYI, the newest Z06 doesn't have a MAF screen....... you decide. The biggest problem would be with aftermarket programs. They don't like ported and descreened MAFs. Wonder what they do with a custom Z06 program?

Comment

The LS6 makes it possible because it has a symetrical air inlet duct, which provides a uniform distribution of air flow across the open face of the sensor. And, they undoubtedly had to alter the calibration table (gps vs. frequency) in the PCM to reflect the absence of the screen. I think they picked up about 5HP on the LS6.

Miscalibration is a problem, whether you are running an aftermarket tune, or a stock tune, because the PCM is still using the "stock" (screened) calibration table.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

eh, it won't hurt to take it out...if it does, I'll put it back. LoL...thanks for the input.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
          X