High idle speed on 93

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High idle speed on 93

I'm pouring over this 93Z M6 and finding all it's gremlins.....

the cold and hot idle speed seems high. 1000 rpm at it's lowest and seems to average about 1200-1300 rpm. Any ideas? I was under the impression idle speed was controlled by the ECM.... The tach seems accurate as I hear the motor rpms are indeed a little high. It also chugged and surged a little bit when cold this morning, but went away as soon as temps came up.

It appears bone stock right down to the air filter and catback.

begin by removing the TB and take it apart to clean it. Order a gasket kit first and then take it apart, clean it all up, de-gunk the IAS pintle and use a dremel to polish the soot out of the bores.

If that doesn't do it, start looking for other problems.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      begin by removing the TB and take it apart to clean it. Order a gasket kit first and then take it apart, clean it all up, de-gunk the IAS pintle and use a dremel to polish the soot out of the bores.

If that doesn't do it, start looking for other problems.

That's kind of what I suspected..... I also don't have to look far for other problems either. So far The wiper motor appears disconnected from the transmission, the intake oil leak, rear main oil leak, cruise non functional, right power mirror only goes side to side and not up and down, power lock switch NFG, along with some cosmetic issues. For the price I bought it for, it's still a bargain.

Comment

Working...
      X