Cam swap done!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam swap done!

Well it took me all weekend but all of the mods are now on. I can sum up all of the improvements as follows:

Corsa + Cam + Hooker LTs, and Hooker ORY = HUH? What did you say??

Fired it up for the first time at 3:30 am - I am sure my neighbors were thrilled but I could not wait any longer. This thing pulls so much harder now above 3K - this weekend it gets dyno tuned and then to the track on May 6th to see what she'll do - I am shooting for 385-390 RWHP and a 12.5 sec time slip. Car should be more capable than that but I am going to run street tires to spare the rear end!
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

I'm envious. Really envious.

I am closer to selling the car...
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

What size cam did you go with? I helped my brother do his 99Z28 with Pacesetter LT's, custom y-pipe no cats, CAI and a CC XE 222in, 224ex .566in .568ex 112lsa with cromoley pushrods and new valve springs he also had it dyno tuned. LS1's with exhuast and cams are amazing I bet you had one heck of a silly grin on your face the first time you stepped on it. What amazed me was even with the cam we averaged around 27mpg two weekends ago on a trip to the west coast.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
        What size cam did you go with? I helped my brother do his 99Z28 with Pacesetter LT's, custom y-pipe no cats, CAI and a CC XE 222in, 224ex .566in .568ex 112lsa with cromoley pushrods and new valve springs he also had it dyno tuned. LS1's with exhuast and cams are amazing I bet you had one heck of a silly grin on your face the first time you stepped on it. What amazed me was even with the cam we averaged around 27mpg two weekends ago on a trip to the west coast.
        The MTI C1 "Hammer" cam comes in 2 different LSA's 112 and 114 that I know of. Specs are 222/222 @.050", .566"/.566". Pretty good, mild, and gas mileage cam.

Casey, get some good looking wheels on that bad boy and you will be set.

Let's see a vid!

Comment

Very similar to the one you mentioned - 222, .568/.568 on a 112 LSA. It has a great lopey idle - sounds much bigger than it is. I still cannot get over how loud this car is now. It was Dr Jeckyl - now it's Mr Hyde. Now where does Wolfman keep that "cute little GTO"
          Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            I'm envious. Really envious.

I am closer to selling the car...
            I really hate that you are selling your car - I know it is killing you. But the house is definitely more important - you will always have time to get another one later. You ought to hear this thing idle - it is just sick

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
              Very similar to the one you mentioned - 222, .568/.568 on a 112 LSA. It has a great lopey idle - sounds much bigger than it is. I still cannot get over how loud this car is now. It was Dr Jeckyl - now it's Mr Hyde. Now where does Wolfman keep that "cute little GTO"
              I think it is safe to say that you now have a bonafide goat killer.

Comment

It is amazing how much louder the cam makes it sound. Does your idle jump around any? On my brothers the computer sometimes seemed to get confused and after a hard run would jump the idle from 400-1500 rpms. Once he got it tuned it idled steady but still has a great cammed up sound.
                1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Idle is rock solid at 800. I am having it computer tuned this week then on the dyno on Sunday. I have given explicit instructions to the tuner to not mess with the idle - it is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                  X