X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C6 Z06 Drag Racing Videos from Beach Bend

http://home.comcast.net/~theapartment/VetteBash05.wmv

Enjoy
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Wow.... Consistenly low 12's and a 11 second run from a bone stock car.
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
      Wow.... Consistenly low 12's and a 11 second run from a bone stock car.

Wet track... 20 mph headwind... the highest trap for the C6 Z06 was 123.8

That yellow car was not a Z06 -- just a modified C6.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Wet track... 20 mph headwind... the highest trap for the C6 Z06 was 123.8

That yellow car was not a Z06 -- just a modified C6.
        Those things ain't 500 HP at the crank like advertised.

Comment

C6 Z06

If the car weighs 3300 lbs with driver, and it ran 123.8 as was stated, the calculated hp is 470 at the flywheel. However all sorts of weather conditions affect track performance.

Comment

was that performin norman running the 14's in the blue c6?

Awesome video jay
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
              If the car weighs 3300 lbs with driver, and it ran 123.8 as was stated, the calculated hp is 470 at the flywheel. However all sorts of weather conditions affect track performance.

Where did you get that from???

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Vince
                It sounds like you are attempting to use the standard formula of HP = Weight * (Trap Speed / 234)3. This formula gives you a rough wheel horsepower estimate based on 1/4 mile trap speed, not flywheel. You would have to factor in drivetrain loss into the above equation to obtain flywheel HP.

No way a 3300lb car goes 123 MPH with only 470 flywheel HP. Not even close.

There are actually even "rumors" that GM has run the C6Z to a best of 128 MPH in the 1/4 in stock trim. Of course these are rumors, but given the recent pattern of GM released info spilled into credible forums, it does not seem all that far fetched given the nature of this car and motor.

Any way you slice it, this is going to be one bad mutha.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28

Oh SNAP!!!!!

ZING!!!!!!

Norm, step up to the plate, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                    It sounds like you are attempting to use the standard formula of HP = Weight * (Trap Speed / 234)3. This formula gives you a rough wheel horsepower estimate based on 1/4 mile trap speed, not flywheel. You would have to factor in drivetrain loss into the above equation to obtain flywheel HP.

No way a 3300lb car goes 123 MPH with only 470 flywheel HP. Not even close.

There are actually even "rumors" that GM has run the C6Z to a best of 128 MPH in the 1/4 in stock trim. Of course these are rumors, but given the recent pattern of GM released info spilled into credible forums, it does not seem all that far fetched given the nature of this car and motor.

Any way you slice it, this is going to be one bad mutha.
                    The C6 Z06s also had a passenger during the runs.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      No, mine only runs 15.50s at 88 mph.
                      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

the yellow car is a c6 with the zo6 front clip and i saw him at the local track laydown a 10.xx dont remember.
                        1967 Camaro "Project"
                        1972 Chevelle "454"
                        1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                          There are actually even "rumors" that GM has run the C6Z to a best of 128 MPH in the 1/4 in stock trim.
                          I've actually heard that a couple of times. For the life of me, I cannot remember the articles that I read it in, but I do remember in the articles is stated that GM ran the Z on its stock rubber, and ran a best of 11.5 @ 128 mph. I've come across those figures a couple times actually.

I'll try and dig up where I saw that at and post it.

Awesome vid
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Come on...link not working for me...that is just wrong!!
                            Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                              No, mine only runs 15.50s at 88 mph.
                              Sounds like you need to crank up the boost on your Turbonator.

Comment

Working...
                              X